Life With Rose Tyler

~~~~THIS STORY IS NOT MINE I JUST WANTED TO READ IT ON MY IPOD.  STORY CAN BE FOUND ON FANFICTION.NET~~~~

*The End of the Battle*

.

Don't Let Go

.

.

Rose watched as hundreds upon thousands of Cybermen and Daleks flew past her. Pure Adrenalin and hope kept her clinging to the magnaclamp.

Excitedly she looked over at the Doctor and smiled. They were both there, together, trying to be sucked into the Void but staying here where they belonged. It was just them now. She had made her choice the day she had met him. She would do anything for him, and anything to say with him. Even if it meant loosing her family.

.

Below her there was a small shower of sparks and slowly the leaver began to slip back. Instantly the smile dropped from their faces.

"Offline," said the computer.

She strained forward trying to pull it back.

"Hold on!" The Doctor shouted to her.

Around her the sucking of the void began to lessen and she knew that she had to get the leaver back in place no matter what. As she reached forward further, she felt herself loosing grip, she wasn't going to reach it and hold on at the same time! she was almost holding on with her bare fingertips. she wasn't even going to be able to reach the leaver!

.

Just then a huge metal pepper-pot body came flying at her. In fright she clung back on to the clamp.

Somehow, the Dalek, which had its case open, had hooked on to the leaver. Now, with something to hold onto it was trying with all it's might to escape. The strength of the desperate Dalek moved the leaver, and soon it was back in its right spot. But once again the suction of the Void was too strong.

"MER-CYY!" the Dalek cried, and then it was flung from the leaver and into the Void.

Rose was too shocked to do anything but hold on. That could have been her… if she had tried for one more second that would have been her! And that Dalek had just saved her life.

.

After a moment nothing more came flying by and the tornado around them began to quieten. She watched as the light on the far wall dimmed. At first there were shadows across it like rippling water and then the shadows crumpled like paper and folded in on itself until it was nothing but a huge white wall again.

It took a few seconds for her to finally let go of the clamp. She looked over at the Doctor in relief. Then the next thing she knew she was running into his arms, which ready to catch her and pull her to him.

"Oh god, I thought I'd nearly lost you a second!" he cried not letting go of her. All the air was being crushed from her body but she really didn't care.

"You'll never get rid of me!" she told him. "Wow, I have never been so thankful for a Dalek in my life!"

"I'm telling you, if it hadn't been sucked into the Void I would have given it a hug." Finally he put her down, but he didn't let go. He didn't dare let her stand more than a few inches away. All he would do was smile at her, and she smiled back.

But her smile faltered slightly and he saw her eyes flick to the yellow dimension jump button.

"The – the breach, it's closed forever now isn't it?" she asked, a hint of sadness pouring into her voice.