S i x

Instead of going to lunch that afternoon, I went out to the Quidditch pitch, and sat in the stands alone. It was better than being surrounded by people who looked at me more as an alien than a person. The large field ahead of me looked so peaceful without all the Quidditch players on it. I enjoyed Quidditch, but it made the field look more of a hostile place than it really was. 

Apparently, I wasn't the only one with the idea of getting some peace. I felt a presence beside me, and looked over, only to see Harry. "Hey," He mumbled.

"Hey," I responded as he sat down.

"What are you doing out here all alone?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I just wanted to get away from everyone. I'm not in the mood to hear them gossiping about what happened in Umbridge's class."

I nodded in agreement, and sighed. "Same here."

"I know you probably don't want to hear it, but I really am sorry about what I said at the Grimmauld Place. I was just--"

"Don't worry about it. We were both having a rough time, and apparently we both needed someone to scream at. Besides, we have a lot more to worry about than a stupid little argument," I cut him off.

"I guess you're right. I saw what your dad said about you in the Daily Prophet. That must be hard."

"It is hard. It's all I think about anymore. But, that's why we need each other," He gave me a confused look. "I mean that we're misunderstood. Everyone thinks we're compulsive liars, and the ones that don't have no clue how any of this feels, except for us. It's nice to have someone who knows exactly what you're going through, and how it feels."

"Yeah, you're right. How've you been? I mean, other than all of this."

"I miss my family. I wish my mum and dad weren't so thick all the time. Having their support would be nice."

"Least your parents aren't deathly afraid of anything having to do with magic. You should see how ridiculous my relatives act sometimes. Even the word 'magic' freaks them all out."

We both laughed quietly, and stared out over the pitch. Then, I felt a hand over mine, and my cheeks instantly went red. Harry looked at me, and I looked back. Our eyes met, causing our gazes to instantly lock together. We slowly began leaning in, right until our noses were about to touch. Then...

"Hem hem!" It was Umbridge. Of course, she had to be the one to ruin this moment for me. I was so close to kissing him! "I believe, Mr. Potter, and Miss Austing, that it is not time to play Quidditch. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to go back into the castle, otherwise I may consider consequences."

Harry growled irritably, as I scoffed. We both stood up, and climbed off the stands. I could hear Umbridge snickering as we walked past her, and back into the castle. I didn't even know it was possible, but I began hating that woman even more.

>>>

"You don't have much longer, Violet," Voldemort's voice hissed in my ear.

"Until what?" I asked.

"The longer you wait, the more you lose. Wouldn't want someone you love dead, would you?" He taunted.

"You won't hurt anyone!" I snapped.

"Maybe I'll hurt you."

"Go ahead."

"As you wish, Violet. CRUCIO!"

I woke up screaming. I'd been having that same nightmare every night for weeks, and each time I'd wake up screaming. Pansy and Millicent were laughing at me, but I didn't care. What did these dreams mean? Was Voldemort really going to hurt someone I cared about? What if he hurt Luke, or my parents, or Harry?

I got out of bed, and went down to the common room. The only sound down there was the crackling fire. As I walked over to sit on the couch, I spotted Malfoy. He turned, and looked at me. "Shouldn't you be snogging Potter somewhere?" He sneered.

"What's got your panties in a bunch?" I asked, sitting in an armchair a few feet away from him.

"Shut it, Austing."

"You started it, Malfoy."

"I mean it! I'll--"

"You'll do what? Tell your father how I made fun of your panties? I'm not afraid of you, ferret-face. I beat you up once, and I'd gladly do it again."

"You'll never let me forget that, will you?"

"Nope."

"Wanna know why I told my father I wanted to marry you?"

"Not really."

"It's because he wants me to get with some girl named Astoria Greengrass. She's stuck up, and rude. I honestly can't stand her. You're not like her, or any other girl," He admitted. 

"Well then I don't know how you live with yourself. You're stuck up, rude, and so much more. I bet she can't stand you, and neither can I. Maybe if you changed everything about yourself, I'd like you a tiny bit more," I smirked at him, feeling great for giving him a taste of his own medicine. Then, I went back to bed.