Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ginger

                “Your mother wanted me to talk to you.” Dad sighed, sliding into my bedroom and shutting the door behind him with an exasperated sigh.

                “About?”

                “Some boy named Anderson?” Groaning to myself, I buried my face into the pillows on the bed. Great, I had finally managed to get his stupid, frustrating eyes out of my head, and now dad just had to bring him up again. This boy was driving me insane. One moment he’s teasing me, the next he’s pissed, and not even two seconds later he’s making conversation. What was his problem?

                “What about him?” My father frowned at me for a moment, as if noticing the unenthusiastic tone I was trying so hard to cover up. Frowning, dad sat on the bed next to me, an uncertain look in his eyes.

                “Well, your mom got an interesting call from Donavon today…”

                “Ok.” Nodding to show I was following what he was saying, I felt a frown crease the skin between my brows.

                “Something about you and this Anderson fellow… err, well, you know…”

                “I do?” Interrupting him, I tried to piece the exact words together.

                “In the halls…”

                “Wait, what are you talking about?”

                “Donavon told mom he saw you and Anderson tonguing.” Garret strode into my room, a fierce light in his eyes as he leaned against my door frame, lips pressed into a tight line. “So mom…”

                “Believed him.” I finished, groaning and letting my head fall back to the bed. That was the last thing I wanted to do with him at the moment

                “Uhm, did you?” Dad asked, clearing his throat several times, while his face reddened considerably.

                “No!” I objected, a tremor in my voice. How could my mother even believe that? She knew what he did and she was still taking his side? My dad raised an eyebrow at my steely tone, so I took a breath, trying to soften my voice. “We talked, that’s all.”

                “Are you sure?” Dad probed, trying to see if there was even the slightest hint of a lie.

                “Garret!” I sighed in exasperation, trying to gain his support. My brother studied my expression for a moment, a crease in his forehead, while his lips turned down in a slight frown.

                “She didn’t do it.” He muttered, before he turned around and left the room. Dad watched me for a moment longer, as if he didn’t believe my brother, before nodding and standing up to leave.

                “I’ll let your mother know.”

                “Thank you.” I murmured, even though I knew she wasn’t going to believe him anyways. “Hey dad?”

                “Yea?”
                “Can I go for a run?” I twirled a strand of hair between my fingers impishly.

                “Of course sweetheart.”
                “Thanks!” Beaming at him, I closed my bedroom door, changing into my running clothes.