- one -

Jungkook stared at the rusty metal gates as they slowly opened, the wooden plaque above them old and worn down from obvious years of weathering. The carved words settled into the dark wood made Jungkook's eyes roll– Camp Stayaway.

The car slowly accelerated forward once more, entering the threshold of the raven-haired boy's new home for the next six weeks. Six whole weeks. He tried not to dwell on it but the task seemed impossible once the car finally came to a halt in front of what he assumed to be the front office of the place. Flags with the name of the camp and a few odd symbols knitted in the fabric were placed firmly into the ground around the wooden structure, their metal poles rising high into the sky.

Jungkook was far from impressed. And to think he had to spend the majority of his summer vacation here.

Six weeks.

"Alright honey let's get you bags out." The boy's smiled happily, her excitement tainting his fowl attitude even more.

Mr. Jeon seemed just as thrilled, which Jungkook could only assume was because while the boy was here, singing lame campfire songs and making macaroni art from sun up till sun down, his father and Mrs. Jeon would be sun bathing on the fine beaches on the West Coast, drinking and dancing the night away. Of course they were going on a grand romantic vacation together to the States and forced Jungkook and his younger brother to attend summer camp. Jihyun was lucky enough to get out of it by staying with one of his many friends. Jungkook wasn't so much as blessed with a loyal friend that would put up with him for six weeks.

So that's exactly why he's here, two large suitcases in each hand.

"Bye sweetheart, have fun! We'll see you soon!" His mother yelled out the window as the car speedily pulled away from the camp, dirt rising up in its wake.

"Bye." He mumbled quietly once the car was out of sight. A sad sight it honestly was.

"Heyo!"

Jungkook turned around quickly, only to come face to face with a short, stubby little man. Jungkook wasn't very tall, a steady five foot nine (even though he liked to add the half on to make him seem a bit taller). But this man couldn't be any more than five foot four.

He grinned widely up Jungkook, a clipboard clutched in one hand and an old-fashioned feather pen in the other. His khaki shorts well above his knees seemed a bit too small for the poor guy and his collared shirt with the words Camp Stayaway imprinted on the pocket was buttoned all the way to his chin.

"I'm Mr. Kang and I'm the head counsellor here at Camp Stayaway! What's you name lad?"

Jungkook stared at the man for a few seconds, trying to figure out what he was so happy about.

"Uh, Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook."

The man nodded, looking down at his clipboard thoroughly.

"Jeon... Jeon... Jeon! Alrighty then I have you right here!" The man smiled, checking off what Jungkook assumed was his name on the roster that seemed quite long.

"Okay so we still have quite a few campers that haven't arrived yet so I'll give you your cabin number and you can head that way. Activities won't officially start until tomorrow, but we'll be having dinner in the cafeteria at six this evening and do a few ice breakers with everyone so you can get to know some of the other cool cats you'll be spending the next month and a half with. Here's your schedule and your cabin is all the way down the hill on the right, number is B4. See you later alligator!"