- two -

"I still can't believe that Seokjin guy made us unpack all of his stuff. I mean, this is summer camp! Why does he need so many clothes and all those haircare products?" Jimin huffed as the two roommates made their way down the path towards the cafeteria for dinner.

"Who knows. But he's our cabin counsellor so we have no choice but to do what he says." Jungkook shrugged just as they reached the entrance. It looked just like all of the other cabins, only larger in size with more windows.

Jimin nodded before pushing the doors to the cafeteria open, the smell of food engulfing both boys senses immediately. Jungkook hadn't realized how hungry he was until now, his stomach growling loudly. Jimin glanced at him with an amused expression before they both entered the room. There were quite a few people already sitting down and eating, already formed into their own groups and posses.

Jungkook couldn't help but feel intimidated as they walked through the rows of tables, eyes on the two boys most likely because it was obvious they were new faces. The raven haired boy was grateful that he met Jimin prior to the event. If he hadn't, he didn't think he would've been able to stand under the sharp and judgmental eyes of the other campers.

The two boys quickly fixed their plates before hurrying over to an empty table. The glares had finally faded away as the two began to eat their food quietly.

"Ah! There are my two little busboys!"

Jungkook looked up to see Seokjin placing his tray down on the table beside him, a large grin on his face.

"Uh, with all due respect hyung, we aren't your busboys." Jimin spoke, pointing his chopsticks at the older.

Jin let out a hefty laugh, his eye crinkling at the corners.

"I know kid, I'm just joking. It's obvious this is a first time experience for the both of you so I wanted to scare you a little bit." Jin smiled, taking no time and stuffing his face with noodles.

"How'd you know this was our first time being here?" Jimin asked curiously

"Everyone knows you're new here. Never seen you kids before." A boy spoke as he walked by, obviously overhearing the conversation.

"Excuse you but aren't kids." Jimin mumbled, cutting his eyes at the mint haired boy who sent him a smirk and a careless shrug in return. The boy sat a few tables away, glancing over at the group of three once more.

"Hey Yoongi! I haven't seen you in a while how goes it?" Jin spoke happily, getting up and taking his tray over to where 'Yoongi' was sitting and leaving Jungkook and Jimin alone once more.

Minutes passed and all of the campers were finally settled at the majority of the tables, chatting and laughing and eating. Jimin and Jungkook had took the time to get to know each other a bit, finding out they both happened to be originally from Busan but living in Seoul. It was an odd yet funny coincidence that made the two feel a lot more comfortable around each other.

"Alrighty campers. It being the first night here at Camp Stayaway, I would like to have any first-timers come up to the front please."

Jungkook felt his heart leap in his chest as all eyes seemed to be on he and Jimin. The younger never liked much attention, especially being the center of it. It was like the first day of high school all over again. The sharp stares that felt as if they were stabbing him with judgment, glaring at him as if he was a piece of new meat. Jungkook hated it.

He hadn't realized he had been staring blankly at the table for a solid ten seconds until Jimin grabbed his wrist, tugging him out of his seat and to the front of the cafeteria. There was already another person standing there, a girl who seemed just as embarrassed as he did.