Promise Me-CH 2

Promise Me -Ch2

I woke up with tears etched across my pillow, and dried tear streaks on my cheeks. Another beautiful nightmare, this time a memory. My hair was tangled and sheets balled up as if i was tossing and turning all night. I sighed. I threw back the sheets and scooted out of the bed. 

I dreaded for these silly dreams to perish but they seem to come more and more as the summer came to an end. Two more days till school, my stomach flipped with the thought of seeing him again its been two years since he left town for his music career, left me, and now hes back. The thoughts of him coming to me, almost made me smile, but then I thought what if he didn't memorize me. What if he doesn't want me anymore. My throat caught on a sob, then a slow knock on the door caught my attention. 

"Bree?" I heard muffled through the door. I pushed my hand through my tangled hair before opening the door. I eyed my best friend through the crack of my door. "I've been calling you its one o'clock!"  Her curly brown hair tousled around her face as if she sprinted upstairs to my room. She took one look at me and frowned. 

"That obvious huh?" I mumbled letting her in.

"Oh Sweetie, its been two years.. Why didnt you tell me you were still having the dreams?" I shrugged not wanting to talk about it. She sighed before coming in and making my bed up, shes a clean freak. I took the liberty to glance in the mirror while she spoke about me having to move on and find other fish in the sea. My long black hair was matted and tangled, looked like I was dragged through the jungle. I shook my head, faking a smile in the mirror, until I started to frown again. I cant remember the last time I've truly smiled, I never brought myself to do that in awhile, since Harry left. 

"OK! STOP! I cant stand this anymore!!" I flinched at the raised sound of Jess' voice. She never rose her voice above a 'indoor voice' unless it was something really funny or a party, but never in anger. 

" Wha-What?" I asked eyeing her in the mirror, she caught my eyes before shaking her head. 

"You, I cant stand you acting like this. I want my best friend back, but I haven't had her for two years. I understand why your grieving and all but come on! TWO YEARS? Really! Your gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous! You can get any guy you want, but you stay hooked on Harry. He left and now its time to move on. I stood around watching you cry for too long and im fed up-"

"-I know, you're right" i cut her off. "NO NO NO don't say anything till I'm- wait...what?" she stuttered to a stop. "I....I'm right?"

"You're right Jess. I need to put this behind me and move on. " Her mouth dropped open as if she couldn't believe what I was saying. "Matter of Fact lets go out today, do something fun." 

"Uh..sure. Well you go ahead and get ready and I'll wait..I guess." I forced a laugh at her complete bewilderment and walked past her to my closet grabbing a towel. Closing the door to the bathroom, already thinking this is going to be a very long day. I turned the faucet to the shower on stripping my clothes and got under the boiling hot water trying to let it wipe out all the dreams from last night, i inhaled the smell of my Garnier shampoo rehearsing what things to say to keep up my 'moving on' attitude for the day.

Jess made me change so much times to find the perfect going out outfit, while I calmly took off this or put on this as she told me to do. She made me wear black boots, skinny jeans, a tight black crop top that had the words  'YOLO' on it. I combed my hair so it reached my waist in long waves, I folded a black bandana into a headband to push back my hair. After a glance in the mirror I was satisfied. 

"Looking good girl, feels like the old time, kinda" She said with a grin. I shrugged, nodding. I grabbed my keys off the hook before jogging downstairs.