Chapter 1

The Dream

The feeling of anxiety rushed over my body as I woke up. I sit straight up in my soft bed looking around frantically. I see the curtains flowing freely in the cold breeze entering through my open window. I look at my clock: 3:54 am. I get up and look out the window. Although the air entering the adjacent window is cold, it feels good against my skin. I look to see beads of sweat running down my arm. I look at it with disgust and wipe it with my hand. I close the window and locked it. Once I heard the click I closed the lavender curtains and walked back over to my twin size bed with my black velvet bed spread with my purple pillows and sheets. I lay in it and cover up and close my eyes and the nightmare comes back.

My breath escaping my lips with every stride I take, running towards freedom, away from the evil chasing me. I'm almost away and almost into the light when a pair of ice cold hands grab my ankles and pulls me back into the darkness just when my finger tips were about to reach the light. A single scream escaped my mouth when I fell to the floor and the hand covered my mouth. I felt the dirt under my body disappearing suddenly. I feel air rushing through my hair and cold filling my body. I open my eyes to realize someone is carrying me. I look forward and see the bright veil separating the darkness from the light. I look at the face carrying me, all I see is a mess of hair with features unreadable and blurry.