Chapter 10

Hell (aka Training)

    I looked up after sliding across the dirt of the arena and ran as fast as I could, jumped, then hit my mark. My long legs wrapped around the man's neck, catching him off guard, and then my hand grasping tightly to his wrist, subduing him. I brought him to the ground and tightened my leg grip until he continuously tapped on me.

     "You're getting better" he said with a smile.

     "I mean what did you expect from me, Jax?" I asked "I'm not some helpless girl ya know" I got up and stumbled a little as I dusted myself off and then helped Jax up. He was an attractive man, in his early twenties. His blonde hair seemed brighter in the sun and his eyes seemed bluer, but maybe that was just blood returning to his face. He turned and looked out to the horizon and he tightened his jaw. I looked that way too and my smile slowly faded. The dark clouds were tumbling towards us and I was shock. I stood there in awe as mixtures of red and black were hurdling towards us. Christian's voice broke through my state of shock.

     "GET INSIDE NOW!" he shouted over the thundering booms and I was in my own world. It wasn't until I felt the wind in my hair that I realized Chris was carrying me. Jax was ahead of us and already had the door to the safe house open when we ran in. Jax slammed the door and locked all five complex locks lining the frame of the door. Chris still didn't let me go. He began moving again and Jax moved the small rug in the middle of the two brown couches and opened the door. Chris set me down on the latter and told me to climb and I did as he said. I began to move faster as I heard the steel door being pushed against and the sound of Jax screaming in agony.

    Chris dragged Jax by his ankle into the cellar and shut the door. Then I saw what was making Jax scream. As he was pushing against the front door, one of those things broke his arm. The blood ran down to his leg and the bone was protruding from his skin. Chris began to tend to him and I felt myself losing control again. My hair began to blow back although the air in the room was completely still. I said with such confidence in my voice "Stop," I didn't even recognize it. I placed my hands on his arm and felt the heat running through my veins and I looked up and growled at the unbearable pain. I looked down to see Jax's arm was healing and my veins were black. Then I felt myself begin to drift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Dream

   I looked down to see my leg bleeding from and arrow. I pulled out the arrow and healed myself. I saw the man intricate lines running up my arms, around my exposed skin on my hips and neck. Lines of purples, greens, blues, reds, and oranges. I got up and ran in fury after Chris. How dare he leave me there. I passed through the veil that separated the light from the dark and took out my hidden knife and began to slice at whatever was chasing me and Chris.

   "Well hello my sweet Autumn" Spietato's unmistakable voice slithered.

    "AUTUMN RUN! BABY GIRL GO BACK TO THE LIGHT! DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ME! I LOVE YOU" I looked and saw the same woman from my previous dream... my mother.

   "Awe how sweet. She really does...l-...lo-... love you" the evil shadow choked, grimacing as if the word "love" hurt every ounce of his being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    My eyes jerked open and Chris and Jax were staring at me like I was some freak.

    "Autumn, you just told us the exact location of your mother" Jax spoke softly, fearing me.

   "Are you ready?" Chris asked.

    "For what?" I asked puzzled.

    "To get your mother back" Chris and Jax said in unison and laughed and I let a smile through.

   "Sure...who was at the door?"

   "Spietato's men. He knows you are a prophetess, but only we know you are a healer" Jax winked at me with a huge smile.

   "Errmmm okay. Let's do this.. I guess?"

   "I love your enthusiasm babe," Chris chuckled. Did he just call me babe? He must have seen my confusion and heard my heart beat out of my chest because his face instantly flushed and he said "I mean um Autumn..." Jax's eyes were filled with fury as he glared at Chris. When he realized I was watching him he returned my gaze and his eyes went back to the calm ocean like I knew them to be.