Chapter 6

"Why Would you do That Ade?!"

I felt a chill go up my spine as I approached the front steps of Ade's house. Something was wrong. This was the same feeling I had when the shadow was trying to kill me the other day. That feeling of hostility towards me. This was not good. Without warning from my brain, I began to sprint toward the door. I didn't even have to twist the handle on the door, it flung open on its own "What's going on? Did I do that?" was my only thoughts.

I had no control over my body. It was all a blur. One second I was on the first floor and the next I was in Ade's room on the second floor with one of her dad's prized possessions...his samurai sword he had imported from Japan. Once I regained control over my body, realized Ade didn't text me. "It" did. All I heard in that moment was the crashing of the sword hitting her dark wooden floors. I stood there petrified and mesmerized by the smooth, deep, hypnotic voice coming from the figure when it began to speak.

"Glad you could make it" the darkness spoke. There was a blackness surrounding Ade. She was sleeping on her bed. She looked so peaceful. Her blonde hair was scattered across her pillow and her eyes were closed. Her face expressionless. Reminds me of the sleepovers we had in middle school. The shadow formed into a shape of a human, gliding gracefully across the room towards me . "I began to think you wouldn't show. I thought wrong," it began to chuckle " But anything for your best friend, huh? Hahaha. Remember me?"

I was still unresponsive to this being. I was still staring at Ade. "I will take that as a no...let me refresh your memory...I was the one that took over you "brother's" body." I looked at it, I could feel the anger radiating from my body. I clentched my fists trying to hold back my words. I didn't wan't to talk to that thing. "My name is Spietato. Its Italian for merciless, by the time I'm done with you, you will be begging for my mercy, princess." That was it. I did the only thing I could. I ran into her bathroom and locked the door. I pulled out my phone and dialed.

"Hello?"

"Chris, come to Ade's quick. Shadow here..." The phone disconnected. I look up to see I was locked in the bathroom with the shadow. Well isn't this just spectacular? I slowly backed up dropping my phone on the tile and trying to create more distance between it and I, but it was closing the distance...fast.I backed up into the backtub and I hit my head not only on the hard tile wall, but the metal balance handle. My vision began to blur and I reached to touch my head and my hair was filling with warm liquid... All of a sudden the burning sensation was filling the palm of hand and then I felt the cool familiarity of the handle of the samurai sword in my hand. Not realizing I had the sword in my hand,Spietato, began to close in on me. Then I see the blade enter the shadow and a burst of power began from my fingertips and flowed through me like electricity as the shadow began dissipate. I look down to see the purple vines go down to the middle of my wrist. The sword's handle was the the same color as the swirls beginning to form on my hand. I was weakening. The sword fell from my hand and I passed out with the sound of wood splitting filling the room. Why do doors always get broken because of me?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Another Dream

I saw Chris and myself in the same field as before. When I tried to speak nothing would come out. I was at a loss of words. Instead tears welled up in my eyes. I got up and ran towards the veil into the darkness as Christian yelled.

"AUTUMN!"

I began screaming "C'mon! come and get me! I'd rather die than have to suffer this hell!"

"Autumn stop! You don't know everything yet!" he said "You HAVE to survive" then he tugged on my arm and pulled me back throught the veil. He pulled me into his arms and held me there, no matter how much I struggled. I finally gave up and cried. I wrapped my arms around his mid-back and buried my into his chest.

"Why? Why must I live this way? Why can't I die?"

"Because if you die, your brother will die along with you! We know he is still breathing because you are alive!"

"Don't call Lucas that! I don't have a brother!"

"I am not talking about Lucas.." he said. The look of shock covered my face. I didn't know what to think.

"Who are you talking about...."