I Dream You're Still Here

Alistair's POV

I sighed before the pinata burst. Today was Sofia's 3rd birthday and my little Sof is with her favorite people in the whole world. It should be a happy day for us all. But, it was a sad day as well, at least, for me. 

Today was also Maddie's deathday, since she died giving birth to Sofia. I just didn't understand why all her friends and family aren't mourning over it except for me! Kitty was her sister, Raven was her best friend, it doesn't make any sense. 

"Daddy? Chu obay?" Sofia asks me sincerely. 

"Daddy's fine, Sofi, have fun during your party." I didn't want to be the one keep my little girl sad, so I told her that. She smiled and ran over to Khloe and the new Wonderlandians to have fun on her birthday. I just sighed once more and walked over to the only room in the giant house (which Maddie designed before she died) that only people who knew her well. Her tea room memorial. I quietly opened the door and Earl Grey pounced at me. 

He kind of hugged me but also slapped me as well. Silly mouse. When I stood up, I saw my favorite portrait in the whole room......Maddie and I dancing with one another at that party she threw at the Mad Hatter's Haberdashery and Tea Shop. I still remember her words that she said to me. "Our night is young, Alistair." Just then, the tears came pouring out. Singing softly, I let memories through. 

Alistair: Musing through memories,

Losing my grip in the grey.
Numbing the senses,
I feel you slipping away.
Fighting to hold on,
Clinging to just one more day
Love turns to ashes,
With all that I wish I could say.

I'd die to be where you are.
I tried to be where you are.

[Chorus:]
Every night, I dream you're still here.
The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear.
When I awake, you'll disappear,
Back to the shadows
With all I hold dear.
I dream you're still here.

Hidden companion
Phantom be still in my heart
Make me a promise that
Time won't erase us
That we were not lost from the start.

I'd die to be where you are
I tried to be where you are

[Chorus]

I dream you're still here,
Ever slightly out of reach.
I dream you're still here,
But it breaks so easily.
I try to protect you,
I can't let you fade.

I feel you slipping.
I feel you slipping away.

[Chorus]

I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
Ever slightly out of reach.

I dream you're still here
(Every night I dream you're still...)
(Every night I dream you're still here)
But it breaks so easily.  

When I finished the song, I just begun to sob and didn't want to stop. But I hear the door open behind me but I didn't care. 

"You know that I miss her too, right?" Kitty whispers softly into my ear. I look up to see her smiling sincerely before hugging me. "She was my sister, one of my best friends, and your first daughter's mother, whom she's never known." 

"I know, but it's just so hard to talk about her with anyone. No one knew her like you, me, Lizzie, or Bunny ever did, I love you but she was the one for me. You don't mind being the afterfact?"

"Of course I don't, I know she was the one for you, I saw it yours and her eyes whenever you looked at one another," Kitty's smiled greater. "But Sofia needs to know more about her mother, and you'll need to explain to her eventually why her middle name is Trumpet." I laughed at that comment, because she was right. Kitty wasn't just all about tricks and jokes now, she gave advice and helped others out. One of the reasons I love her.

After a few minutes, me and my wife got off the floor and joined the party again. When all of the party guests went home, I tucked the birthday girl into bed. I also was responsible for telling my girls a story. I told them about the time where Raven, who was Sofia's godmother, transported the female Wonderlandians; of my time at least; to Wonderland, in which I called Way Too Wonderland. 

Their faces filled up with wonder as I told the story. When I talked about Kitty and Maddie, they looked like they've been drinking pure love. But the way I talked about Maddie, it made me feel as if she was still here. I dream you're still here. 

A/N I was just listening to the song earlier today