Chapter 12 'BDAY part 1'

I was about to sleep when my phone rang. It’s Kris.

“Hey, It’s 12 o’clock. Why did you call?”

[I’m outside your house.] I took a glance on my window and saw him. He waved at me.

“Wait for me there.” I hung up and sneak out of the house.

“Kris!!” I murmured running to him.

“Happy Birthday!” He hissed and hugged me tight.

“Thanks!” I pulled away from the hug. He grabbed me  to his car.

“Where are we going?”

“I was going to take you somewhere. I know you’ll love it. But it’s got to be a surprise.”

“Right..” I racked my brain.

Xx

I saw what we’d come for. This place overlooked half the city and you could see the building and the beaches. The view of the city alone was pretty astounding with its twinkling lights. But with the full moon and stars, the sky was dark blue and thin bands of cloud were light blue and silver. It’s beautiful. The full moon reflected in the sea too. It was breathtaking.

“It’s perfect.” I breathed. I’m so speechless.

“I know. Told you, you’d like it.” Kris bumped my shoulder and when I tore my eyes away from the landscape to look at him. He was smiling at me, one of his real smiles that showed his gums and made his eyes light up even more.

“It’s fantastic.” I said quietly.

“Yeah,  You are.” He murmured. I was silent for a second or two before I laughed.

“I never thought you could be this cheesy, Mr. Cold Guy.”

“You love it when I’m cheesy don’t you?” He teased bumping my shoulders again.

“I can’t believe that you actually brought me here.. It’s romantic.”

“I told you, Ace. I’ll make you mine and It’s not over yet. Give it twenty minutes.” He muttered checking his watch.

“What happens then?”

He chuckled avoiding the question. “Close your eyes.” He commanded.

“Don’t try to kiss me!! Or else I’ll rip your head!!” I warned him.

“I promise I won’t even if I want to.” He said. I closed my eyes and I felt something cold on my neck. He hugged me tight. There was  something in my stomach dancing through me like crazy and my head  felt ready to explode. My cheeks flamed instantly. It was like this should be a thing of fairytales but it wasn’t. This was real and it was all happening to me. I felt like there’s fireworks between us. Like they are exploding right over my head----

I pulled away to the hug both of us looking at the view. The glittering rainbows of fireworks were just disappearing, fading away. Another few went up, exploding and whistling, then bursting out into a pattern of green and gold, blue and pink.

“Gee.” I breathed. I noticed the necklace around my neck. It’s heart with a star. Another few fireworks went off splashing over the sky in a hypnotic burst of color.

“I love you, Choi YongByul.” He told me, brushing some hair off my face. I could only breathe. I couldn’t say anything, and my mind went  entirely blank for a moment. My heart alternated between doing somersaults and skipping a beat.

Kris blinked at me. “Say something,Ace. I  just laid everything on the line, dignity included and you’re not saying anything.” I chuckled and practically tackled him throwing my arms around his neck and kissed him.

IN HIS CHEEK!

“Na Do, Saranghaeyo.  Li Jiaheng, Kevin Li, Wu Yi Fan, Kris Wu, Babe.” I whispered. He chuckled and I heard the relief in his voice.

“I love you more…”

Then, He wrapped his arms around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder again. The fireworks display carried on, lighting up the dark sky, while I was happy standing on the rooftop in Kris’s arms. I noticed that I’m still wearing my pajamas.

“Kris.. Babe..”

“Yeah..”

“What time is it?” He checked his watch.

“2:30.”

“OH SHOOOT!! I need to go home now.” I walked away from him then I realized something.

“Drive me back home,Will you?” I turned to face him. I saw him smirking. GOSH! How did I fall in love with this guy?