Tall (Nalu)

"Hi, I'm Natsu," a little boy with pink hair said to the little blonde haired girl coloring next to him.

"I'm Lucy," she replied. He gave her a big and bright smile.

"Hi, Lushi!"

"It's Lu-CY," she replied slightly annoyed and puffed out her cheeks. He poked them and laughed as they deflated.

"Sorry Lucy," he apologized. She went back to coloring her picture until he poked her again, "Hey, you wanna be friends?"

Lucy looked like she was pondering it and then said, "Sure, I'd love to," she smiled and he smiled back.

~2 years later (Lucy and Natsu are 7yrs old)~

"Lucy!" A little boy with pink hair and a white scaly scarf was running towards a girl with blonde hair that had a little pigtails on the side.

"Hey Natsu, Let's go play," the two ran off to play in the large garden as their parents watched and chatted. "Nastu, you're so short," Lucy noticed.

"Am not" Natsu denied with his cheeks puffed out.

"Are too,"

"Am not!"

"Are too! Look!" Lucy made him stand next to her and he looked up at her, seeing she was taller.

"No fair," he pouted.

"It's okay Natsu, you'll get used to looking up to me," Lucy said with pride and self confidence.

"No I won't, I'll grow."

"Doubt it," she started to go back to the playground at the corner of her garden.

"Hey Lucy," she stopped and turned towards him, "If I get this tall when we're older, will you marry me?" Lucy tried to contain her laughter.

"I don't think you'll get that tall." Natsu pouted. "But fine, if you get that tall, I'll marry you!"

His face lit up like a Christmas tree."Yay!" He shouted and ran towards their parents, Lucy following close behind. "Mom, Dad, guess what?"

"What is it, dear?" His mother, Grandeeney asked.

"Lucy said she'd marry me if I get this tall," Natsu said while indicating the height. A loud 'what' was heard from Lucy's father, Jude in the background

"Oh, well isn't that... lovely." Lucy's mother, Layla replied. Natsu kept babbling about the marriage while Lucy giggled and Layla tried to keep Jude from strangling the poor boy.

~ 3 years later~

"Do you have to go?" Natsu asked her. She nodded her head.

"It's for Daddy's job," she replied

"I don't want you to go, Luce,"

"I don't want to go either,"

"Then stay!"

"I can't,"

"Why not?" Natsu asked, tears started to fill his eyes.