MASKS

Nothing.
That was all I knew, nothing grew around me, it emptied my mind, it made me feel as if nothing was anchoring me to the ground, I was just there and only me.

My body floated as if my mind and body were not one, a black abyss shrouded my vision, keeping my eyes sealed shut and a numb feeling consumed me. 'Where was I?' As soon as I'd tried to think it was as if my thoughts where being yanked from me. I felt nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing, not even my own breath, my own heartbeat ringing in my ears- nothing.
But soon my thoughts were able to gather, but it seemed time was jumbled so nothing was certain.

'What is this place...' was all I could muster within my head, I tried to move, to escape from whatever prison held me, I was just afloat, within this sea of pure emptiness.

'My...-' finally i could feel something, a pain, like no other surged through my being as if it was a wave- it washed through me with great force, and much to my surprise it stopped, but seemed to gather by my left side. I couldn't let out any noise, i wanted- no needed to scream, but I couldn't move my mouth as if it was refusing to obey, as if it wasn't even my own. I don't know how long it took after that, but i was slowly being able to regain myself.

'What is this... place' the question, and the only question I had been able to hold onto, but suddenly the pain within my left side erupted and my eyes flew open with the pain to reveal the dark sea that consumed me, Then I heard him, his laugh was first to be heard, his calm yet terrifying damned laugh making my ears sting, my eyes widened, then...
He said it, that one word.
That one. Lingering. Word. That i would hold onto for the rest of my years.

"Deal"

Then, I fell.

...