Chapter 2

Chapter 2

LOUIS

I stand outside the door for one more minute before I knock on it, I was told it's always polite to knock before entering a room. I hear a deep voice answer with a "come in," as I walk in I'm met with the sight of the one and only Harry Styles. His long curly brown hair disheveled, his face a bit flushed, his eyes glazed over and wide, it was quite easy for me to put two and two together, he just had sex, and the room even smelt of sex. I blush heavily as I try not to notice the smell and how nonchalant the man is being.

I clear my throat, and look at one of the big black chairs in front of his desk, asking with my eyes to sit. "May I?"

"Please." His voice is not only low, deep, and rough, but it's slow and washes over me sending tingles throughout my body. Just one word from this man and he already has this weird effect on me. I sit down on the unsurprisingly soft chair, noting that Styles eyes haven't left me once, it makes my heart pound for some reason. "Shall we start?"

"Um, yes. My name is Louis Tomlinson, age 21, I just got out of college I graduated back in the spring..." I begin but before I can fully introduce myself Desmond Styles is entering the room. My eyes widen at the sight of this man, having one Styles in the room is intimidating enough but having two is a whole other level.

"Sorry for being late, I was stuck in traffic. You must be Louis Tomlinson, here for the job as my son's assistant," The man didn't even spare me a glance, just taking a seat in one of the chairs beside Harry's desk. All of a sudden the room grew quiet, and tense as Des stopped and just stared at Harry, it was another minute before the man began to talk. His face went from composed and serious, to red and angry. "You've got to be kidding me, Harry, how big of a fuck up can you be honestly?"

Watching the scene before me, I couldn't believe the words the man began to sprout they were cruel and definitely unfatherly. Des had started calling Harry every word in the book, a slut, useless, good for nothing, idiot, moron, it was just a lot to take in, the one thing that bothered me was the fact that Harry's face remained the same, not once showing a hint of emotion. Was this such a usual occurrence that Harry isn't bothered by it anymore? What kind of father talks to their children this way? And couldn't he have waited until I was gone?

The lecture was over as fast as it came, Des just went silent and took his seat grabbing a clipboard from his bag. "You can continue, sorry about that Mr. Tomlinson." He finally looked at me and I could really take in his appearance, he may be in his Late 50's but he looks to be in his 80's, his eyes were so tired, he had a bunch of bags in his eyes, and overall he just looked exhausted, the poor man needed more than a break.

I clear my throat, and try to prepare myself for the rest of the interview, "Well I have a master's degree in business management, and um," My mind completely blanked, sitting here it feels like I'm being interrogated, and everything I say feels like I'm being judged by the man. "S-sorry," I managed to squeak out, trying to search my mind for something to say, as my anxiety became present.

"How about we ask you a few questions?" Des suggest taking notices of my state, I nod slowly and stare at the carpet like it's the most interesting thing in the world. "Okay, what was your last job?"

"The last job I had was working at a daycare this summer, I soon had to quit when my boyfriend got a new job here," I explain while fiddling with the front of my shirt, and nibbling on my bottom lip.

"So you're good with children, then this job shouldn't be too much of a struggle," Des jokes but nobody laughs, I don't know if I should laugh since hopefully Harry might be my future boss, and I don't want to offend him. We just sit here for a bit in awkward silence, until Harry asks me a question.