Chapter 3

Elsa

That first night with Jack was the start of better times for me. Before he visited, I only had my parents, who would come once a month, if that. I knew they loved me, but they wanted to be safe and I wanted to keep them safe.

Jack would come about once a week. And he taught me some cool things. But so far, I had no control. and it had been 4 years. Anna was now 10 and I was 13. She still tried to visit and talk to me.

I saw Jack in the window and motioned for him to come in. As he was entering, I heard Anna's knock on the door. Then she sang,

"Do you wanna build a snowman,

Or ride our bike around the halls.

I think some company is overdue

I've started talking to the pictures on the walls! Hang in there Joan!

It gets a little lonely, all these empty rooms,

Just watching the hours tick by!

Tick tock tick tock tick tock!"

"It's lonely in here, too, Anna."

"That's your sister?" Jack asked. I nodded. "She seems persistent."

"She is. And I miss her so much. But I can't hurt her.."

"Well, let's keep trying Elsa." Jack smiled at me.

Lately, I had been getting butterflies whenever I was around him. And my heart raced whenever he hugged me or held my hand. He only held my hand when we were practicing, though. But he was still my favorite person to talk to.

"So how are your parents?" Jack asked when we were talking a break.

"They visit less and less... I miss them."

"It's alright Elsa. Soon everything will be alright and you and Anna will build a snowman together and the gates will be opened!"

"Do you really think so?" I asked skeptically.

He shrugged. "even if it doesn't happen right away, you'll always have me."

"Promise, Jack?"

"I promise, Elsa."

Jack Frost

I felt bad for Elsa. We had been working on her powers, but it wasn't helping. After I made that promise with her about two weeks ago, something came up. Pitch Black, the boogeyman, started becoming more powerful. And this time, it would be harder to stop him.

This meant that I needed to spend less time with Elsa... A lot less time. I was afraid that she would forget me or get angry at me. But I needed to tell her.

I went to her window late at night and knocked. When she saw me, her face lit up. This made me feel worse.

"Jack! What are you doing here? I was expecting you tomorrow."

"Elsa, we need to talk."

She looked scared. Frost began forming around her. "What? What is it??"

"I... I need to go away for a while."

"What?"

"I can still visit! just.. not too often. maybe once every few months?"

"Why?" She whispered, ice crystals beginning to fall from her eyes. "Is it because of me? Did I do something wrong?"

"Of course not! Do you remember me telling you about Pitch Black?" She nodded. "Well he's back and stronger. I need to protect the world."

"I understand. Please be careful!" She cried, throwing her arms around me.

"I will. I'll visit whenever possible."

5 years later

Elsa

I hoped Jack would visit soon. It had been months since his last visit. My parents were also gone. They had gone to attend my cousin Rapunzel's wedding.

There was a knock on my door. At first, I thought it was Anna, so I didn't pay attention. But then, one of the maids, Elizabeth, spoke.

"Princess Elsa?"

"Um, yes? is everything alright?"

"No, your Highness. There was an accident.. and.. your parents... they were killed."

"What??"

"I'm so sorry, Princess."

Jack Frost

I was excited. It had been a while since I had seen Elsa. She was 18 now and she had become quite beautiful. I liked it when I could take a break and see her.

As I flew through Arendelle, everything was gloomy. People were sad and wearing black. What happened? Was one of the Royals dead?? Oh, God, please let Elsa be alright.

As I flew to the palace and to Elsa's room, I almost didn't recognize it. it was covered in ice, with snowflakes suspended in the air. Leaning against the wall was Elsa, Wearing black And looking broken. Was it Anna?

I heard a knock at the door and then Anna spoke. I guess it wasn't her.

"Elsa? please, I know you're in there.

People have been asking where you've been.

They say have courage and Im trying to.

I'm right out here for you,

Just let me in!

We only have each other.

It's just you and me.

What are we gonna do?

Do you wanna build a snowman?" Anna asked brokenly.

Elsa put her head down and started crying. I entered the room and went to her side. "Elsa? Are you alright?" She didn't answer.

"Elsa, can you hear me?" I became scared. I didn't want her to forget me, especially not now. I might be her only hope to see Anna again.

"Elsa, please?" I put my hand on her back. It didn't pass through. She still believed in me! Then I realized what I should do. So I sat there, comforting her while she mourned her parents. Then, when she fell asleep, I carried her to bed and whispered, "I promise to always be here for you, Elsa, no matter what.. I love you." I kissed her forehead and flew away.

That's when I realized that I had fallen in love with Elsa.