Chatper 24

Justin's P.O.V.

"Ms. Campos is currently getting ready but she will be down here in a little bit. Please take a seat in the lobby as you wait for her." The lady from the front desk told me.

"Ok, thank you." I thank her as I made my way over to a chair in the lobby but quickly turned around to ask her another question. "Oh, hmm could you by any chance tell me her room number? It's just that I have a surprise for her later." I lied.

"Oh, she's in room 512 on the fifth floor." The lady smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled and quickly made my way to the elevator but right as I was going to get in the elevator my eyes caught sight of a familiar tall brunette guy. "What the hell?" I said as I saw him going up the back stairs. I turned my back towards the elevator and made my way to the stairs. I followed him as he went up the stairs and once he was on the third floor he stop.

"Didn't expect you to be following me?" His raspy voice said with his back towards me. "I saw you talking to the lady at the front desk and then make your way to the elevator. Which is why I chose the stairs but even then I still have to encounter you." He chuckled

"What are you doing here, Austin?" I clench my fist.

"I could ask you the same thing?" He scoffed.

"I thought Vanessa made it very clear to stay away." I took one step closer to him.

"Of course you would remember that." He said finally turning around to face me. His mocking green eyes met my angry brown ones.

"How could I not remember? You think I'm happy to see you after what you did? You want me jump up and down of joy because you're here?" I sarcastically said.

"Stay out of it, Bieber!" He growled annoyed.

"No, you stay away! I have watched Vanessa get so far and you are not gonna ruin it for her." I warned.

"Ruin it for her? Or ruin it for you?" He crossed his arms in front of him. "Are you scared that my presence here will end whatever romance she has with you?" He chuckled as he mocked me.

"Watch it, Mahone. You're stepping on private grounds. Whatever Vanessa and I have is none of your concern." I gritted my teeth.

"I told you the same thing. I told you that she was MY GIRLFRIEND, but you still couldn't keep your nosy ass away. You just had to get involved in everything we did!" He was now angry.

"You left her! You broke her in ways that she didn't think she could possible be broken. When I came back she was a wreck. She couldn't even have a goodnight sleep without a nightmare. So you tell me if you wouldn't be scare for her?" I said reminding him of the cost of his mistakes, because he could mock my love but I knew his mistakes burned him.

"You left too! You also broke boundaries! You also are to blame for what happened to us! You also are part of the mess! You also left her! So why are you mad?! Why'd you leave if she was so important, huh?!" He yelled at me.

"I left because you were my friend!" I yelled making his facial expression go blank. The hall was quiet and all you could hear was our heavy breathing. "I left because you were also my friend—and friends don't like each other's girlfriends, so I left. The minute I realized that Vanessa was somebody special to me, I made the decision to leave. I left so you and her could be happy. So I wouldn't get in between you two. Me leaving was a gift not something to get even with you. I left to clear the path for you. However, you didn't know how to take advantage of that. So I'm back and this time I won't clear the path. Because I realized that you are not the man for her. I'm not saying that I am, but what I am saying is that this time I get to see if I'm the man for her. This time is up to you to see if you wanna clear the path for me." I said calmer.

He was quiet for a few minutes but then spoke up. "I came back to win Vanessa back. I love her and that hasn't changed. I will fight for her with or without you in the picture." He stood nice and tall.

"Justin!" My name was called from the upper level. And just as I imagined Vanessa was on the upper level stairs. Her face showing pure anger.

"Vanessa..." Austin and I said in unison as if we both knew Vanessa had heard our conversation.

"Let's go." Her voice rang with authority.

I looked over at Austin, who was already looking at me. And like a little boy who obeys his mother, I started making my way up the stairs to Vanessa. Once I was face-to-face with her she sighed.

"Come on. We'll talk in the car." She said walking to the elevator and I followed behind her with Olivia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Hey guys! I know it's a short chapter but it's a little sum sum. Lol. Anyways, i wanted to also tell you guys about a new book I'm gonna write. It's called 'The Power of Fate'. I'm pretty sure you guys are gonna love it so when you get a chance check it out. The prologue is out on my profile. Once again thank you guys!