Chapter 1

"Laura!!" I hear my mom's voice call from downstairs. I groan to myself and roll out of my tiny yet comfortable bed. While neatly tucking the corners of my bed sheet into the headboard, I take my time because this is the last morning that I will be completing the task for months.

"Laura!!" She calls again.

"I am up!" I yell back. The cabinets open and close downstairs, she must be making me breakfast. My stomach feels a little knotted as I start my shower. I spent the last few years nervously anticipating college. I spent my weekends studying and preparing for this as my peers were out getting drunk, wasting their time.The day my acceptance letter to Washington State University came I was thrilled. My mother cried for what felt like hours, and I have to admit I was pretty proud of myself. All my hard work finally paid off. I had considered leaving Washington for college but eventually decided against it... I like familiarity.

The hot water loosens my strained muscles, how long have I been here? I hurry and wash my hair and body, lazily running a razor over my legs to remove the small stubble that has appeared over the weekend. As I wrap the towel around my wet body, my mom calls my name yet again. I ignore her, I know she is nervous for my arrival day at college but I have had this day planned down to the hour, for months. My boyfriend Noah will be here soon to ride with me and my mom. Noah is one grade younger than me, but he is eighteen, his parents put him into kindergarten a year late. Noah has straight A's just like I did, he is brilliant and will be joing me at WSU next year. I do wish that he was coming now, especially considering that i won't know a single person at the college. I just need a decent roomate, that's the only thing im asking for.

"Laura!!!"

"I am coming down now, please don't call my name again!" I yell as i walk down the stairs.

Noah is sitting at the table across from my mom dressed ina blue polo shirt and khakis, his normal attire. His blond hair is combed and lightly gelled to perfection.

"Hey college girl." He smiles a bright, perfectly lined smile. He stands to pull me into a tight hug.

"Hey." I give him an equally bright smile and pull my dirty blonde hair into a bun once he releases me from his grip.

"Honey, we can wait a couple minutes while you fix your hair." My mom says quietly.

I make my way to the mirror and nod, she is right. My hair needs to be presentable for today, and of course she did not hesitate to remind me.

"I will put your bags in the car." Noah offers and grabs the keys from my mom. With a quick kiss on my cheek , he disappears from the room.

The butterflies in my stomach dance around as I walk to the car, at least I have two hourse to make them disappear. I have no idea how college will be like, will I have friends?