Love you, stupid jerk.

__________________________________________

"Tracy Tompkins." the principal announced. The crowd cheered as I made my way across the stage. The counselor handed me my diploma and shook my hand. "congratulations." she whispered.

I smiled softly but didn't mean it. I walked off stage and waited for this thing to be over with.

"Congratulations to the class of 2009!" the crowd cheered and families converged on us.

My mom found me and hugged me tightly. "oh Tracy I'm so happy for you. Your father would be so proud."

I smiled genuinely for the first time in weeks. He would be proud of me.

She let go and I could tell she was crying.

"mom don't cry." I said.

She laughed and wiped her eyes. I laughed and she looked at me. "do you want me to cancel those appointments?"

I nodded and Danny found us.

"congratulations Danny." she hugged him.

"thank you." he looked at me. "can I talk to you?"

I looked at my mom.

"I'll meet you at home, I have a surprise for you." she smiled and left.

I turned to Danny. "what's up."

"I'm sorry about today in the hallway."

I shook my head. "no, you were just concerned, it's no big deal."

"I just cant stand to see you so sad," he took my face in his hands. "you're way to pretty to not smile."

I rolled my eyes. "you are such a moron."

We both smiled. I reached up and pressed my lips to his.

I felt butterflies in my stomach and smiled bigger. I was as happy now as I was when my dad was still alive.

He broke the kiss and smiled. "I love you Tracy. Always."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you too."

I looked over his shoulder, Kacy and Danny's friend were flirting. "what about Kacy?"

He looked over at her. "we aren't together anymore." he looked back at me.

"do you want to go to my house with me?" I asked.

"yeah, let's go." he intertwined our fingers and we weaved our way through the crowd to the parking lot. We got to his car and he drove to my house.

We went inside and went into the kitchen. My was sitting at the table talking.

My grandma was sitting next to her. I smiled and ran over to her.

"grandma! I missed you!" I almost yelled. I haven't seen her since my dad's funeral.

She hugged me back and laughed. "well I've missed you too. Congratulations Tracy." she let me go and looked over at Danny. "and who is this handsome young man?"

He stepped forward and they shook hands gently.

"this is Danny, Danny this is my grandma, Esther Tompkins."

"it's very nice to meet you ma'am." he smiled.

"well it's nice to meet you too. I'm glad to see that there is some good mannered peopleleft in the world."

He smiled.

"kids. Why don't you go out and have fun, I will be here all weekend." she said and scooted us out the door.