Sisters

-March-

"What's this one do?"

"Flies."

"Cool. Then what?"

"Flies."

"It...just flies? It's..."

"Just flies," Voltzson says to Ella, who stands near the desk, examining the object in question. Voltz is barely involved in the conversation. She's looking down at her cell phone, typing furiously.

"Oh. Oh, okay. Cool," Ella nods, slowly backing away. She looks at Ebony. "I think she might finally be losing it."

They both watch her intently. She doesn't even notice.

"Hey, Voltzy, I'mma go smash up all your favourite machines," Ella calls out.

"Kay, have fun," Voltz mumbles, still typing away on her phone. Ella and Ebony look at each other again.

"Oh, god, she's possessed, isn't she?" Ebony whispers.

"By the ghost of a fifteen year old girl?" Ella muses.

"Voltz! Hey, Voltz! I'm taking my top off!" Ebony calls out. Ella raises an eyebrow.

"You do that."

"Yup, she's possessed," Ella confirms with a nod.

"Psst! Anne!" Ebony whispers as Anne walks nearby. "We're pretty sure Voltz is possessed."

"What?" Anne says, stopping beside the other two, looking at her. "She's not possessed."

"Yes she is. Watch this," Ella says. "Voltzy! Watch out! There's a ghost!"

"Mmkay," Voltz just nods, still in her phone.

"Voltzson!" Anne yells. "RuPaul's Drag Race was canceled!"

"Bummer."

"Oh. Yep. She's definitely possessed," Anne nods.

"What do we do?!" Ebony whisper-yells.

Just then, Voltz's head snaps up, away from her phone, looking at the other three. Ebony jumps.

"My sister's here," Voltz announces. And then she turns and walks from her desk without another word.

"Karen's here?!" Anne yells out after her, and then looks back at Ebony and Ella. "Possessed? Really?"

"Hey, you thought it, too," Ebony says.

"Voltzy has a sister?"

The three of them all run down the stairs, reaching the first floor just in time to see the door open, and then a small boy yells out "Aunt Jordan!" and Voltz is scooping him up into a hug, and Ebony freezes, watching the scene in front of her in mild shock. She knew that Voltzson had a sister. She didn't know that she was an aunt. A girl, younger than the boy, also latches onto Voltz.

"Whoa," Ella mumbles beside her. Ebony can only nod in agreement.

Voltz has the girl perched upon her hip while the boy is tucked under her arm, hanging sideways and laughing loudly. A thin, dark-haired woman quickly hugs her. They say some things to each other, but Ebony is too far away to hear.

"Did you make me something, Aunt Jordan? Did you? Did you?" the little boy asks.

"You bet I did!" she answers, setting him down on his feet. She continues to hold the girl, though, who has now wrapped her small arms around her neck.

"Where is it?! Can we play with it now?! Mom, can we?!"

"Yeah, okay, sure."

"Come on!" Voltz says, grabbing the boy's hand, and then they're running towards the stairs together. Ebony catches Voltzson's eye for a moment. Voltz grins at her, and then they've passed.