Prologue

I had met him in the woods when I was a little girl of five years.

Happened one night when I ran from Peter, with whom I had to live subjected to his mistreatment and he was the one who heard me.

He consoled me and taught me tactics to survive Peter's abuses, he was my hero.

He said that he lived alone, he said that no one should know about his existence, he said he had to keep his secret, or else, it would arouse his fury.

I never understood what he meant, but he always whispered to me heard Sh...It's a secret.

He told me to never leave him, that he was alone in this world.

It reminded me that I could go visit him at night, when the sun disappeared on the horizon, but I never understood why.

He laughed, though I could never appreciate his smile, wearing a balaclava, I could hardly appreciate his brown eyes.

Sometimes he would get angry and hit trees, but I knew he would never hurt me, he was not like Peter's monster.

There were times when I fell asleep in his arms, he just caressed my head and whispered in my ear 'Quite little, I will always be by your side' but when I woke up he was not by my side.

I was not afraid of him, yet I felt compassion and affection.

He was my savior.

But ...Who was he?