Avere Fiducia (A Bound spin off)

Violet sat in the corner of the room, an empty Vodka bottle in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other. She felt so stupid. She had obeyed Caesar's every command for the last 8 years, only out of fear that if she didn't, The Business (aka the mob) would kill her. As she took a drag off the cigarette she shook her head. Why did she ever let him control her? After she had killed Caesar is the only time she had felt completely free of her chains..almost. If it weren't for Corky, that is. Oh, Corky... the woman who could love better than any man, especially Caesar, the woman who was good with her hands (in repairing things and sex), the woman who was there for Violet when she was unsure of who she was. But most importantly, the woman who helped Violet carry out her plan to take Caesar's money that he had stolen from Johnnie Marzzone. Tears trickled down her face now. How could she be so stupid? Corky had bailed on Vi a few days earlier. No signs of her or the money  anywhere. 2.7 million dollars was gone. It was like gambling; you put your trust in the cards, only to have them betray you. You lose it all. That's exactly what Corky had done. Violet rested her head on her knees now, feeling dizzy from the Vodka. Whether she had closed her eyes for 10 minutes, or 10 hours, she didn't know. Suddenly, the unmistakable sound of boots thudding on the floor, keys jingling, and the curvy silhouette in the moonlight had made it clear that someone was back, and it sure as hell wasn't Caesar's ghost.  "Violet," was all she said. Vi looked up. "What the hell do you want from me now?" she said bitterly. Corky sat down a few feet across from Violet. "I came to apologize," she explained, looking at the empty alcohol bottles and sighing deeply. "This isn't okay, Vi." "Oh, what do you care? You only took everything I had and left me alone!" Violet said as her voice broke. "It isn't like that, Violet!" "Then explain what in the HELL happened to you! Where did you run off to, huh? And where is the money?" Corky looked down, shook her head, and crossed her arms. "Let me explain somethin' to you, Violet. What I did was for us." "Don't say 'us' as if I mean anything to you anymore." "Stop being that way, Violet! If you let me explain to you, you'll understand." Corky said impatiently.

Violet did feel bad for just assuming, but how could she not? "Fine, explain." Corky sighed. "I took the money. I still have it, but it's stashed away in the safe." "what safe?" Violet's eyes grew narrow as she lit another cigarette. "Vi," Corky said, scooting closer and taking Violet's hands into her own. "I bought a house in New Jersey." When Violet's expression softened, Corky continued, "For us. It took so long because they had to check my bank information.  I know it sounds crazy, and maybe it is, but Vi, I will do anything for you." she said, looking into Violet's deep brown eyes. "How do I know you're telling me the truth?" she questioned. She wanted to believe Corky, but with everything that had happened, she wasn't sure she could. "Trust, as I said before we went through with taking Caesar's money." They sat in silence for a few moments. Violet finally spoke up, "Fine. I trust you," she said. Corky smiled. "Good, now let's get you out of here. We're going to our new place," she helped Violet up and out to the truck, where they drove to Jersey.

Once they arrived at the house and they had brought in what little things they had to unpack, Corky opened a beer and sat down on the floor. Violet followed.  The only light was  the moonlight peeking in through the windows. It washed over Violet's raven hair. Corky sipped her beer while thinking. She was then caught off guard by Violet suddenly kissing her. Shirts were removed, as were pants and skirts. Violet whispered, "I'm sorry for not trusting you," in between kisses placed on Corky's neck and lips, her nail trailing down to feel Corky's smooth skin. "Everything just happened so fast," she tried to say but was cut off my Corky placing a finger to her lips. "Violet, I understand, you don't need to explain." she smiled and retuend the kisses. "I'm here for you. I love you." Violet stopped for a second.

"I love you too,".