Chapter 26

Chapter 26
Finnick's POV

The craft lands with a thud on the gravel path of Victors Village.
Getting past the real Capitol hovercrafts was easy. We blended right in.
By now the bombs have stopped and I see out of the corner of my eye some of the Capitol hovercrafts are zooming off.

Johanna and I step out of the hovercraft and head to Katniss' house.
I pound on the door, "Katniss!" I yell. "It's me!"
I hear movement inside and the door opens. Katniss stands there with a shocked yet happy look on her face. She gasps and embraced me but winces.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.
"My hand is broken." She says.
"How? Are you ok?" I try to comfort her.
"I'm fine. Finnick what are you doing here?"
"I came to get you. They showed the bombings all over the Capitol and probably in the districts to."

"What are we going to do Finnick?" She asks.
"For now we need to get to the Capitol, like right now."
"I need to bring my family." She says. "I can't leave them."
I consider this. "They can come to."
"Ok ill be right back." She hurries back into the house.

Within 15 minutes, Johanna, Katniss, her little sister and mother, the friend name Gale and myself have boarded the hovercraft.

I'm about take off when I hear a shout, "Wait for me!"
I see Haymitch hobble over to the craft and climb inside. He climbs to the front beside me while everyone takes seats in the back.
"Nice of you to tell me you were coming." Haymitch says sarcastically.

We lift up into the what is now nighttime air and I set the control to the Capitol.
Who knows what's is in store for us when we get there.

About an hour later I'm woken up by several gasps. "What's going on?" I mumble.
"Look down." Says Katniss' little sister, Prim. I remember her from the reaping.

I do as she told me and look down from the window.
Fire blazes in district 8. Buildings are blown up, bodies lay on the ground, and cracks in the earth are sending people below the surface.
They have rebelled.

At first I though the fighting was over but when I took a closer look I realized the battle between district 8 and the Capitol were still raging on.

The craft continues on and soon district 8 is out of view.
"What is happening?" Mumbles Katniss.
"Well find out." I sit next to her and comfort her. It isn't long before she falls asleep on my shoulder and a few moments later I drift off to.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~

We landed safely, no gunshots this time. No one pays attention to us as we swoop back into the landing strip.
"Let's go!" I say to everyone, motioning them to go faster.
Once we're all out we began walking to the city.
"Everyone stay low!" I whisper to them.

I lead them threw the city until we get to my home. "We'll just have to law low here until we find out what's going on."

I unlock the door and lead them inside. "There are plenty of rooms. Go find one you like."
Prim an her mother go off to look for a room and Gale mutters something about finding one later.
Haymitch goes to the kitchen to try to find a drink.

I sigh. "Come on ill show you my room." I say to Katniss. I steer her to my bedroom. "What do you think?" I ask her once were inside.
"It's nice." She smiles.
I step up to her and give her a soft kiss on the lips.

Were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. "I'll be back." I whisper to her and head off to the door.
I open to find a balding man staring at me. "Finnick Odair?" He offers his hand for a shake.
"Yes?" I say cautiously.

"My name is Plutarch Heavensbee. I'm part of an undercover group that is planning to take down the Capitol. You are not safe here. You need to come with me."