01

“Astrid!”

I groaned as the sunlight streamed harshly into my room. I peered at the clock... 10am. Shit. Just great you know?!

'WHAT?!'

“COME ON GET UP!”

I walked down my stairs, my iPhone slotted in my hand. I walked into the kitchen seeing my mum all dressed up.

“Uhm”

'Oh finally Astrid, why arent you dressed?'

“Uhm...”

'DIANES WEDDING!' she screamed rolling her eyes.

“Diane?”

'My best friend!' She yelled.

“Gee sorry!” I yelped rushing back upstairs. Straightening my hair, applying light make up and then changing from my sweatpants and black tank into my navy dress. I rushed downstairs my navy suede high heels in between my thumb and fingers.

“About time, you know Di isn’t going to be happy.”

'Nor is the guy she's marrying' I mumbled to myself. Diane was up her own arse rubbing in everyone’s face how rich and successful she was. She was a snobby nob and well I really wanted to slap her. Her fiancé wasn’t much better. He was successful too but weird looking and always suspicious looking, or gulity.

“Oi!”

'Mum no offence but how the fuck do you put up with her'

“You learn.” she said dialling the taxi. I placed two pieces of Extra white gum in my mouth and gnawed on it whilst slipping on my shoes. Sooner or later the taxi horn beeped and me and my mum rushed out. I hopped into the taxi and sat next to her in the back.

“Hey be happy” my mum smiled grasping my left hand tightly.

'Sorry, I just kinda can't... The last time I went to a wedding was yours and dads.'

“I know love just try? Please. The two snobs deserve eachother!” she laughed.

I nodded smiling, “Come on love we're here.”

Diane stood at the church tapping her foot. Arms folded over her chest, annoyed you could tell, her brunette bob sitting neatly above her shoulders. Her forehead full of anger wrinkle things and he white wedding dress messed at the hem.

I slowly slipped out the car and followed my mum to Diane.

“THE FAGGOT!” Diane shouted. I rolled my eyes and sat on the wall whilst Di had her fit.

“DAVID HAS GOT STUCK IN TRAFFIC!”

'Diane that's not his fault!'

“EVERYONE IS ALREADY INSIDE! JUST GO IN AND SIT IN THE FRONT, YOUR SEATS ARE RESERVED!” she shouted. My mum obeyed her orders and dragged me into the alter.

We then saw David run in out of breath and sweaty. Ew...

I must've fallen asleep because the ceremony ended pretty soon and we all paraded outside to wait for the after party whatever thingy.

I groaned and stared at Diane and David. Gee how they suited. Their little girl rushed over to me.

“ASTRID!” she cried.

'Hey Jules!' I smiled picking her up and placing her on my hip.

“Enjoy the wedding?” she asked fiddling with her fingers loosely.

'Mhmm'

“I didn't, mommy was annoying.”

'Bit of a daddy's girl are we?'

“Shh!” Jules shushed placing her small chubby hands over her mouth.

I laughed and put her down entering the taxi to the next venue. I picked up a glass of champagne and toasted the couple. I won't say happy because 9 times out of ten they'll probably divorce.

I walked over to the stage and pushed myself up to sit on it.

I sighed and fiddled with the now empty glass. I swung my feet forward and back before kicking something. I looked up to see a lad.

“Shit sorry” I gasped seeing him wincing.

'It's fine love! Why are you over her on your own?'

“No reason. Just look who's on my table” I said pointing to the round table over by the window.

'Your mum? Terrie?'

“You know my mum?”

'Yeah! You're Astrid Gilder right?'

“Yeahh. Uhm you are?”

'Oh sorry, it's been a while. I'm Louis Tomlinson'