Elsewhere

Larry Scott, in the garden behind his room had not touched his fine plate of roasted bacon. He was thinking;
thinking of taking a job proposal in Vegas. Maxwell, his roommate and childhood friend did not buy this idea.

Larry only got to take a decision when his room mate Maxwell came out sweating profusely. He had just finished jogging. From the front door he got into the parlour but had to pass through the kitchen to get to the hind door.

"It's God damn cold out there dude, you should go try get some of it too..."Max suggested, breathing heavily.

Larry didn't notice his presence. He was deep in his thoughts, so he shook him lightly.

"Hey!...hey!, buddy what's wrong?"

*Larry startled*
"Oh! ...sorry buddy, just thinking of Mr.Beckling's job proposal, I think I should give in to it."

" You know my opinion about that already. I'm not leaving New York. Just a few metres from here I hooked up with some sexy asses in the streets...and I'm just so attached to this place. You don't expect me to leave like a shadow, everytime it suits you ? I mean...just like that?"

"We're talking money, not some dumb asshole you met on the streets...it's no news." Larry answered with great dissension.

"That's just a tip of New York's fantasies...there's more to discover".
"You're talking about discovery; I'm talking money."
"Money too... e..verything!" Maxwell replied, raising his voice.

"Vegas is the place, you'll see in no time we could get back here if you want.
We'll make good money... you want discovery?...it's in Vegas dude! What the hell is here that isn't in Vegas?" Larry inquired rhetorically.

"I could ask you that same question too." Maxwell replied with a frown.

"I need you on this one dude...*Larry insisted*...really I do".
"So u mean even the chicks here don't impress you ...no one?...you can't deny that too" Max teased.

Larry hesitatingly " They do, but ...not to the point..."
"The point of...? " Max interrupted
"Getting hooked up. You know the kind of lady I've always wanted..."

Maxwell interrupted.
"Yeah yeah ...Tall, honest, brown hair pretty, blue eyes, decent...bla bla bla! ...
I told u, there's one in a million of that in the U.S...Stop dreaming man!. Right now America holds the world's top baddest bitches...the earlier you wake up, the better." Max concluded.
"
"I'll laugh at your face one day...and ask you to say this again" Larry replied
"Not in this life, planet earth?...na na!" Max reiterated.

***

It was Again around 10:pm when Mr Beckling Director of G.W.T.C ltd (Great Works Trading Company of Vegas) called to know about Larry's decision, about his job proposal.

Gring... gring...gring!. The phone rang for long.Larry was in the bathtub taking a bath, while singing to Micheal Jackson's "Thriller."

As soon as he heard the phone, he rushed out of the bathroom naked trying to get his towel round his waste. Only for him to step his slippery feet on wet tiles which left him sliding voilently from the toilet's floorsteps, his legs wide and towel off.

"Aaah!, Fuck!"...he groaned.

Thinking of a past humouric fall similar to this one he smiled lightly afterwards.