Chapter 3

Beep beep beep beep

Xavier groaned to the sound of his alarm while he lazily turn it off.  He sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes, walking across the cold floor towards his bathroom.

Xavier did his daily routine getting ready for school. Once finished he ran downstairs being welcomed by the smell of fresh bacon.

"Good morning honey" Xavier's mom told him with a smile, walking up to him to kiss his forehead.

"Morning mom"

"Sit, breakfast is ready"

Xavier sat on a chair at the dining table next to his little sister Maria.

"Hey kido" said Xavier.

"What's up big bro" Maria said.

Xavier was the oldest out of three kids. It's him, Maria who's nine and Xavier's baby brother Matthew, who was only 10 months old.

Xavier's mom sets the plate of breakfast in front of Xavier and Maria.

"Thanks mom you're the best" Xavier complimented.

"Yeah thanks mommy" said Maria.

"You're welcome my loves"

"Have you heard from daddy yet? " asked Maria.

"Maria" Xavier whispered.

Xavier's mom took a while to respond but said, "No sweetie... Not yet"

"When will he come home do you know? " maria asked.

"I'm not sure honey. Hopefully one day"

Xavier's mom and dad had a argument a few months back and he just packed his stuff and left. Five months passed and no sign of him. Xavier has started to grow anger towards his father. His father hasn't called nor texted. He haven't came home.

Meanwhile, Xavier was halfway done his plate when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He had his mouth stuffed with bacon when he looked at his screen. It read Rachel.

Xavier tried to chew faster but he didn't want the call to go to missed so he picked up.

"Hewwo" Xavier tried to speak.

"Xavier? "

"Hehy whuts uhgp "

"Laughter,  Xavier we're not in French class yet"

Xavier finally swallowed all the bacon so he said "Sorry about that, I had a mouth full of bacon"

"It's fine" Rachel giggled.

"But what's up? "

"What time are you getting to school? "

"Well it's 7:20, I don't leave my house until 7:30 so that means I'll be at school by 7:45."

"Oh okay. I'm already here. By myself. " Rachel sighed.

"I can leave now if you want. That means I'll be there at 7:35" Xavier's mom turned her head so that she can look at Xavier.

"That'll be awesome"

"Okay see you in a bit. Bye" Xavier said.

"See you" End of call

Xavier ate his last piece of egg and cleaned after himself.

"Bye mom" Xavier said kissing his mom's cheek.

"Why are you leaving earlier? " asked his mom.

"Meeting up with a friend"

"Ohhhh okay" his mom said with a smirk.