Three

*later that week*

It was finally Friday meaning two things. No more Dinah Jane , no more unruly teenagers. Until Monday of course.

Dinah believed it was a great idea to have them preform the number for a small number of people tonight, of course it had to be the night I was looking forward to the most.

"Empty handed" Dinah walked towards me. "Keith had to work" I sighed looking around at the small amount of people. "Well since you look amazing and I look average you can be my date" She smiled.

What I should've done was say no but something in me didn't.

We sat next to each other and I tried to avoid eye contact as best as possible. "My date is ignoring me what will I ever do" I heard Dinah sigh next to me. I tired my best to keep my smile down but Dinah wasn't having it.

"Just looking at the show" my eyes remained on the stage. "It hasn't started" Her head tilted.

"It will" that came out ruder than expected, a few days ago that would make me feel powerful , now I feel sorta bad.

When the show began the lights dimmed.. a lot. Everyone watched in anticipation, except me. Uncontrollably my eyes wandered to Dinah. Her face relaxed , smooth and wait no why am I doing this.

Before I could get out my gaze she looked at me, it felt like we were the only two people here. Which is odd because I'm pretty sure about two hundred was .

I fiddled with my fingers and quickly turned away.

**
"Did you enjoy it" Dinah held the door open for me. "Yes I must commend you, the piece was ..... lovely" I giggled. "Those words , did all those uptight people make you feel small" she laughed and there it was again that feeling in my stomach.

"Did you drive or" Dinah looked around. "Oh yeah" I pointed down the street. "I'll walk you" She followed me. "We should hang out outside of the dance room, don't you think" Dinah looked at me. "I have a boyfriend" I laughed softly. "That stops you from hanging out with me" Dinah got confused.

I must have interpreted this the wrong way, or are my feelings getting the best of me. Feelings this is what we're calling it now.

"No" I mumbled looking at the ground. "Any body would be happy to hang out with me" Dinah said confidently. There's the Dinah I know and dislike so much. "...was that cocky .. I'm trying to change that.." she said slowly.

"It was cocky but that's just who you are , you believe everyone you want wants you back" I rolled my eyes . "You see me that way" Dinah mumbled. I nodded my head sorta annoyed now.

"Well I'll see you Monday Dinah" we stopped at my car, without a word she walked away.

When I got home I jumped out my outfit into something Comfy. Removing my make up.

Keith was already asleep so I just slid next to him, eventually his arm hugged my waist.

My mind wandered to Dinah, was I too tuff on her tonight? Did she get upset and decided to go have fun with another woman? Do I like Dinah Jane? Basically all the things I shouldn't be thinking while my boyfriend is right next to me .

I picked up my phone and looked for Dinah on Twitter since she loves it so much.

"I don't need nothing else but you"

Which was her most recent tweet, only a couple minutes ago. My heart began to race, why I'm not sure .

I decided to send her something on twitter but of course I wouldn't be able to. So I decided to @ her..

@dinahjane I don't wanna fall in love off of subtweets. . N.k

I instantly got a couple follows from some random girls until I realized one of them were Dinah. So here was my chance.

To Dinah -
I just want to apologize for tonight..while we were walking ..
2:54 a.m

From Dinah-
It's fine.
2:56 a.m

I wasn't exactly sure what to say next , was she that upset she couldn't even type a complete sentence. I held my phone in my hand, then it vibrated .

From- Dinah
I like you Normani .. A lot ..
3:00 a.m

To- Dinah
I have a boyfriend..remember
3:05

From- Dinah
Monday 😙

For some strange reason a smile formed on my face.