Chapter 1: Last Straw Riot

Tainted

Chapter 1

Last Straw Riot

            "All rise for Judge White!" The guard called and everyone in the court room stood up as the Judge made her way to the "big man" chair, or in this case, "The big woman" chair.

She was a tall, Middle-aged, African-American woman who was cruel and heartless. The punishments she gave were all too harsh compared to the crimes committed. The Supreme Court itself, thought she was so heartless that instead of working with serious criminals, she should be a Judge for the youth. This way, once a child is given there cruel punishment, they would most likely not be seen back in court. This was because anybody who had to deal with Judge White would become a full on Saint once they leave her court room. And a Saint, is what most actually became after dealing with her punishments.

Although, there is always that one person not like the rest. She took her punishments like they were nothing, and let me tell you, Judge White's punishments were absolutely not nothing. When given the punishment the expression on the Childs face did not change from the moment she walked into the court room. She was... Lauren Riot!

Lauren Riot was the one girl that Judge White didn't know what to do with. Every month this girl would be back in the same court room for the same crime and was then given a different and worse punishment for each.

The first time she was in court was her freshman year of High School and she was charged with beating up a senior varsity cheerleader who told Lauren she was a street rat. It was Laurens first fight and I would say she did pretty well since she had the girl sent to the hospital just by a couple of punches to the face and stomach. The family pressed charges so Lauren had to do 50 hours of community service in a bat cage, underground of a cemetery. Surprisingly that didn't stop her. Ever since than she had been coming to the court room daily, most for fighting but if not... nope pretty certain they were all for fighting. Lauren did not tolerate being talked down to, or even being spoken to for that matter. People around Brooklyn knew who Lauren Riot was and knew getting near her was a danger zone. Straight up Gang members were scared of the girl which meant something bad.

Now Lauren is almost 18 years old, just graduated High School with honors, yes, she is an extreme nerd yet outside of school you would not expect that. With the grades Lauren received she could have made it into Oxford University if she wanted to, but most Ivy League Schools don't except students with a bigger criminal record than half of the men in their close by prisons. Brains is not the only thing people look for but ethics count too and students with criminal records don't seem to have well ethics.

"Lauren Girl!" Judge White said her name with a ghetto, exhausted tone, obviously tired of having to see this girl almost twice a month. Judge White stared at her very long record sheet and then to the new file that fell on her desk, stating what Lauren has done this time. "Fighting again I see! Girl, Enlighten me why don't you? What happened this time?"

Lauren was staring at the ground till Judge White spoke to her. Her head was then lifted and the Judge met sad eyes that showed pain, but also anger. Her teeth were grinned, hands were formed into fists but eyes were watery a bit. Even with a pained expression, that girl was a beauty; Long, Dark Brown, wavy hair, Emerald, Green eyes, pale skin, thick eyebrows and a body that topped it all. Street rat or not, she was a beautiful thing. Judge White knew there was something mysterious and almost unique about this girl but the four years they have known each other she was never able to figure it out. Most of the fights that brought Lauren into court, none of which she has started, simply all fought in defense. Maybe not self-defense but defending other people counted as the same thing to her. Bullies, thieves, anyone doing anything abusive or hurting an innocent person; they were targets of Lauren and she hated them all, each and every one of them. Lauren may be mean but she was no bully unless it was towards a bully his/herself.