At The Party

I walked around the Hell's Kitchen district of New York. Daredevil was a close friend so I couldn't think of a better place to duck into. Rain drizzled down on the dark street. I flipped the hood of my black jacket up and shoved my hands in my pockets. Tv stations everywhere blared the news of Captain America's decisions on the Sohkovia Accords and how he was now a vigilante. They put it as if heros hadn't been making the hard decisions for the last decades. They put the rebels as bad guys, the ones without order. The truth is, that's what we are fighting for. The people, the future, order, all of the things people need to feel save, heros have been doing that but now that people got caught in the crossfire, we need to be put in check. Double standards have plagued my generation, and I planned on ending them.

After foiling a bank robbery, I hung from the side of the Empire State Building looking over the changed New York. Iron Man had sent Cap into hiding with all of the escaped RAFT prisoners. Their civil war was just the beginning. The state was having a party in Tony's honor, if he had any, and was holding it at stark tower. I planned to get in, and gain Intel for my dad. That's the least I could do since he kept me out of the war. I would have loved to travel but that was going to have to wait when my father wasn't wanted by multiple governments. I turned and pushed off the building, and started to free fall. I shot a web onto stark tower and slowly descended to the ground. My feet touched the cement and my Venom suit faded away into a tuxedo and dress pants. The tie was brutally tight but it was bearable. Tony had invited me because he knew I wasn't working for my dad. I liked the whole anti-hero freelance vigilante thing better. I walked into the lobby and onto the crowded elevator. The stench of cologne was intoxicating. One of the guys in the back laughed to his friend and grabbed my shoulder. I made a spike with Venom over my fist and showed it to him behind me. He backed off and pushed himself against the wall. I grinned and turned around. My Venom mask crawled over my face but my suit stayed intact. "So, pretty boy," I pushed my spike against his crotch. "You gonna try something funny again." Venom's mouth opened and his tongue glided across the tougher man's face, leaving a trail of saliva across his cheek. He shook his head violently and I looked at his friend. He had backed into a corner. The spike and mask disappeared into my tux and I turned around as the elevator door opened into the biggest party I have ever seen. I walked out into the living room being cascaded with dim disco lights and party music. Most everyone held a drink in their hands. Most laughed at nothing, others shared stories. I looked around for the host but couldn't find him so I decided to get a drink. Their had been a few years since Dad went dark but that was all I needed as information that he was still alive. I walked over to the bar and sat down. I didn't drink that much but when I did it was usually to get over a girl dumping me. I tried dating for a while when my father told me to stay low. It didn't end that well with most. Others lasted longer until they started to get suspicious about my goings in which case I couldn't tell them so I ended it. I was alone at the bar. The bartender was a young boy, probably about my age(22), in his uniform he looked a little ordinary. His brown hair was short and cut in the very trendy 'fuckboy' look of today's youth. Longer on the top and buzzed short on his sides. He handed me my drink which I didn't know the name of, and started to clean the other glasses.
"Hey bitch," the guy from the elevator barged in behind the bar and slapped the boy on the back. He dropped the glass and it shattered on the floor.
"Jared it's not the best time," he retorted as he picked up the glass.
"Yeah you're right," Jared picked him up by his collar and pushed him against the bar. "It's a very bad time for you."
"Ok that's enough," I said calmly sipping my drink. "Now if you want me to come back there without my weapon then I will but it still won't be pretty for you."
"Fine," he said pushing the boy to the floor. "Let's go." He threw up his fist.
"I warned you," I jumped the bar and hit the ground. Crouched down Venom morphed into my super suit. I turned around and Venom's mouth opened into an ear splitting screech. I jumped up and curled my legs close to my chest and shot them into his chest. He hit the floor and I stepped in front of the boy on the floor. Jared jumped up and tried to stagger away.
"You're crazy!!" He yelled.
"Yeah I know," Venom and I said in unison. I got up and my tux reformed around me. Jared scattered away with his friend. I helped the boy off the floor. "You ok?"
"Yeah," he said scanning himself. "That was pretty cool what you did there."
"Eh it has its perks," I stuck out my hand. "The names Leo."
"Dillon," he shook my hand and started to pick up the glass. "After the party do you want to, maybe go some where?"
"Um," I could see he was nervous in asking the question. He blushed a little and continued to not look me in the eyes. "Well, I don't see why not. I'll come by the bar when everyone else clears out and we'll go get real food, not this shawarma crap."
He laughed and continued to pick up glass. I walked to the other side of the bar, grabbed my drink and walked into the accumulating group of party goers.

The party wasn't as lively as most but the was probably because everyone I tried to talk to had seen my little stunt. Venom was growing tired of all the ignorance that came from the people, which was the least that he could worry about but he did. Dillon met me after his shift and we hung out and talked for a while. We talked and made jokes but didn't actually mention our personal life's, I wondered why but dismissed that thought as Dillon's weirdly attractive humor caught my attention. He would tell me a joke, then I wouldn't get it, and then he explained it to me and I still didn't get it and he would laugh. As I sat there dumbfounded for the third time tonight a familiar face strode through the crowd. I got up and Venom crawled over my skin again. At this point I didn't care if people say me change, it is worth it to see their faces. Jared stepped up to my with a big grin on his face. He had three lackeys beside him and all held a broken beer bottle.
"You don't know when to give up so you?" I asked as my hands morphed into short blades. "I'm guessing security didn't let you in with those."
"You think you're so tough but we all know why you're here and not off with your dad Captain America,"
"Oh? And why's that?"
"Cause you couldn't fight with him to save your life. You're a push over and I'm gonna show everyone here just that."
"Be my guest."
His first to goons ran in and jabbed at my sides, I jumped and spun kicking my legs out to the side and pin wheeling their faces. I landed and threw one of my knives, it caught the third guys shirt and pinned him to the wall. Shorting a web, I grabbed the fourths leg and brought him down hard on the floor. I walked up to a now quivering Jared and grabbed his throat. I knocked the broken bottle out of his hand and Venom opened his mouth. Venom's tongue raced across his face again and screeched in his ear. He fell to the ground holding his ears. My tux came back and Dillon grabbed my hand. I stared surprised at him as he drug me to the elevator. He frantically pushed the button to the bottom floor and to close the doors. The doors finally closed. "Hey what's the r..." he grabbed the edge of my tux and pulled me close. His lips gently pressed against mine as he pushed me against the back wall. His eyes closed in pleasure while mine stayed wide with shock. When he finally stopped he looked up at me.
"Sorry," he looked down and let go of my tux. "I just thought..."
"No it's ok," I touched my fingertips to my lips. "Let's start at friends though, ok?"
"Ok..." he looked at me disappointed. "I guess you need to start somewhere."
"Yeah," the moment soon became more awkward when the elevator opened to reveal Tony Stark about to enter.
"Hey... Leo," he looked and pointed at me then Dillon. "Was there something I've missed?"
"Oh no," I waved my hands. "No no no no no. We were just leaving."
"Oh," he looked around. "By the way if you have another chance I'd like to talk to you, just don't call I like to watch the light blink."
We got off the elevator and started to walk down the street.