Chapter II: Weird night

Maka gave Soul her famous 'Maka chop' and growled in frustration. "You just ruined the entire prologue!" Soul rolled his eyes. "Come on, Maka. An 'Enchanted Rose'? How more cheesy can you get?" he snickered. "It's not called a fairytale for nothing, Soul", Maka bit. " Well, I find it stupid. A devil doll is more like it", Soul answered in a childish voice. "And stop reading it already, you'll turn into that 'Belle' or whatever her name is", he finished as he went to his room. "Whatever", Maka mumbled and she closed the book.

Maka quickly went under the sheets, thinking about what Soul said. "Changing into Belle...Impossible, Soul. Would be cool though."
————————————————
Maka suddenly woke up, but it wasn't in her normal bedroom. The room looked shaby. Even medieval. She looked around flustered. The room was full with filled bookshelves. There was also a wooden wardrobe. "I don't remember having so many shelves and a wooden wardrobe...and a medieval room-" She woke up from her thoughts by a loud banging sound, followed by a scream in frustration.

Maka carefully came out of bed, to check what (else) was going on. Once she came downstairs, her eyes widened. "I-Is that... Professor Stein?" The man turned to her and scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, Belle, sweetie. Did I woke you up?" Maka had a puzzled look on her face, not knowing what was happening. "U-Um...Well, actually-" "I've been working on my invention almost all night...Actually, I did", she got interrupted. "U-Um...I think I'm going out for a while", Maka said while slowly sneaking to the back door. "Please, don't be gone for long, dear." "I...won't...don't worry?" Quickly, Maka closed the door and tried to think about what was happening.

"Okay, so...Stein thinks I'm his daughter and he keeps calling me 'Belle'...What the hell is going on? Am I dreaming? If I am, this the weirdest dream ever...Wait...I am in the fairytale of-!"