Chapter 14

I decided that spending the night at Adams would be a better way to spend time because there was no other way I’d be up at 5am, especially on Christmas vacation.

I tell my aunt a bogus story about me staying at Sarah’s house, she sounds skeptical but lets it go. I stop by while she’s at her own house, and pick up clothes to last a few days. 

Adam sends me to bed at 8,

“You’ve got a long few days.” he says with a grin, pushing me towards the stairs. I sigh heavily and he pushes me again. 

“Alright, alright, I’m going.” I say heading up the stair slowly, and as soon as I’m out of sight they start talking. 

“Dude, she’s hot. Have you guys, ya’ know, sealed the deal?”  Lane of course.

“Yeah, cause I’d definitely tap that dude.” Terry jumps in.

“It’s not like that with her, she’s my eternal bond.” 

“So? Even more of a reason to get down and dirty.” 

“You know I can here you Lane.” I say moving back into view, he shrugs and waggles his eyebrows at me with a wink. 

“Hey, if you ever get tired of this one,” He jabs a thumb into Adam’s chest,

“I’ll always be here if you ever need, ‘comforting.’” Adam's scowl deepened as he talked and when he was done he quickly jumped on top of him. They roll around on the floor throwing punches, though they were unfortunately not serious, and kicks but I don’t want to stick around and watch. 

“Goodnight boys.” I call over my shoulder but Terry is the only one that responds,

“Night.” 

“Don’t hit on my girlfriend d-bag.”

That night I had no night terrors, but the blackness behind my eyelids was eerie and unsettling.

There was a thump on my bed followed my 

“Leslie.” the whisper was right next to my ear, but I turn over ignoring it, it was way to early for this. 

Next thing I know I’m air born, my eyes snap open and Adam is carrying me over his shoulder. 

“Get ready.” He says putting me gently on my feet in front of the bathroom. I grunt at him in makeshift anger/resistance, crossing my arms over my chest. 

He kisses me softly and pushes me into the bathroom closing the door quickly. I kick it but lock it anyway looking around. It was the same bathroom I had barfed in before; now there was an unopened tooth brush balanced on the sink and a black long sleeved shirt with matching pants. 

I shower quickly, brush my teeth and comb through my hair as best I could. I open the door pulling on the tight shirt and pants, Adam was still waiting outside. 

“Only girl I’ve seen that makes that uniform look good.” He grins looking me over, I stick my tongue out and he laughs.

“Come on.” He nods his head and we head off down the hall. Before we reach the stairs a girl walks by us in the opposite direction. 

All she had on was a thin black t-shirt, she winked at Adam and glared at me. I jump towards her and she squeals, running down the hallways almost spilling the cups of coffee she had in her fake finger nailed hands. 

“Who was she?” Adam just shakes his head in mild disgust. 

“One of Lane’s frequent human play toys.”