Love Hurts

Love Hurts

Chapter 2

--------------------------------

Isaac's POV

I sat in class thinking about her, her eyes, her body, her everything! She's perfect but i cant have her. It haunts me that i see her in my classes and know that she is with another guy now. I just wish i can say sorry and everything will be back to normal with me and Elli. Its my fault, i let her go, she was hurt.

"Isaac! Please pay attention." Mr Dunn, my social studies teacher said. "Sorry." I apologized. He went back to teaching but i could barley hear him over the people next to me. One of those 'people' was Lauren, the girl Angela told me about.

I've only talked to her once today and it was pretty awkward. I guess she's one of the 'popular kids'. I think she has a boyfriend too, every time i see her in the halls she's always talking to some guy with her back against the locker and he facing her.

I jumped a little of the sound of the bell. I grabbed my things and walked out of the classroom. I walked by Haile's locker but she wasn't there. I turned around and found myself bumping into someone. I quickly got on one knee and started picking up the papers from the floor. I reached for a paper as did the same the person, our hands touched, i felt a small tingle strike through my body. I looked up to find my eyes staring at beautiful dark brown eyes. It stayed silent for a moment as the other students walked by us.

"Sorry....." I said

"I-i-its ok." She said. We both stood up as i handed her the papers i had picked up from the ground.

"Lauren!" Someone called. I looked over Lauren and saw the 'popular kids' all calling for her across the hall.

"I gotta go. I'll see you around." She said

"Alright...." I smiled, she quickly smiled and walked away. I watched as she walked towards her friends but her friends watched me.

I turned around and walked towards the cafeteria when i ran into Madison and Haile.

"Hows it going so far?" Madison asked

"Good." Haile said

"It sucks!" I say right behind Haile's words.

"Why?" Madison asks

"Whats the whole point of coming to public school when you can be homeschooled? Isn't it the same thing but homeschool is better...."

"Its just the first day!" She says. "Has anybody said anything?"

"No." Both me and Haile say in unison.

"Good!" Madison says in relief.

"Im gonna go get something from my locker." I said

"Ok, we'll be at that table over there." Madison says as she points to an empty table across the table. I nod my head as i walk out of the cafeteria and out into the hallway. I walk to my locker, open it, and put books then take some out of the locker. I hear footsteps coming my way.

I look behind me, no one is there. I look to my left, no one is there. I lastly look to my right and see Lauren walking towards me but she has her attention on her phone. She stops in front of me and looks up to make eyes contact with me.

"Hey!" She says

"Hi....." I say with no surprise. She opens the locker next to mine and takes books out, she then closes the locker and turns around. Before walking away she turns back around to face me.

"We're going to the bowling ally tonight.... You should come."

"Umm... Yeah." I say

"Ok, cool. Meet me there at 6:30."