Description

In a society where freedom ceased to exist, there was the ever present radical thought of rebellion. This thought was a promise that they were still sane, still human. Being able to think their own thoughts was a sense of independence among a cloud of orders. Their freedom, as small as it was, was taken away from them, their truth, hope and will was stolen. They didn't choose to be slaves.

A person among a group of others of the same neighborhood, gender, social class, workplace, and ethnic background is still distinguishable. Whether from, clothes or hairstyle, they are still identifiably different. What happens when this is taken away? This society took that away, they stole the only thing that these slaves had left, their humanity. Their hopes, prayers, ideas, all gone in the blink of an eye. They no longer loved each other, felt for each other, they didn't love each other nor did they hate each other.

The war had ended, they had won, but at a huge cost. Millions had died, hundreds of cities and farms destroyed, roads were barely travelable, and people were scared for their lives. They didn't recognize him as the enemy, he was safety when there was none.

He said that he would make their country better, fix their problems without eradicating everyone who wasn't white. They believed him, let themselves have hope for a better future. They were in a time of need, need for a change, a good change.

Things did change, and at an incredible pace. Farms where planting and harvesting again, companies got the market up again, and the economy was heading for a all time high for the first time in a long time. They were finally gaining a sense of safety, and trust for their leader.

They didn't pay attention to the small changes that were happening. The farms, companies and the economy were all coming under his control. Some may have noticed, but they didn't think to worry for they had trust in their leader. 

Everything that they had learned from history, out the window. They praised him, worshiped him, and he stood there like he wasn't taking over the country and planning to make everyone in it his slave. 

   It's sad really, they never saw it coming. They should have, but they were so immersed in the fact that their country was safe again they were blind. Blind to the sight of him changing their rights, slowly getting rid of them. He got rid of their rights, stopped paying them, and eventually made it so that they only got food if they worked. 

   He shut off the electricity in the countryside, they went along with it, he was their leader. How could they say no? Even when he had stolen everything from them, they never said no.