[nakahara chuuya] little steps • 01

[valentine's day specials!]

for my beautiful child ahl ♥ happy early valentine's day! you were so excited to read this, so i thought i'll publish the first half of it now, and the second half on valentine's day itself (if i finish it by then lmao) i love you ahl ♥♥♥ i tried ;A;

ps. this twoshot will be chuuya x ahl, not a reader insert, bc chuuya belongs to my bahliy-- //slapped

•••

It was typical of love when someone gets their hearts broken.

Ahliy wasn't sure if she was a sadist or not, but she thought the pain that people felt at that was beautiful when described perfectly.

"He's sad."

A man crosses the road, his hands filled with shopping bags as he neared the street her house was on.

"She's depressed."

A woman steps on the pavement while holding a baby close to her chest, and Ahl can only let out a sigh. Even as she stood on the second-floor balcony, it felt as if she could see the tears that were threatening to escape from the woman's eyelids.

Ahl turns her attention away from the woman, then looks to her right. She sees a person in a trenchcoat cross the road next, walking in fast strides and entering the building she lived in before she could get a proper look at his face.

But from the way he had a hand over his hat and how he was limping slightly, Ahl found herself letting a sigh.

"He's mentally and physically hurt."

"Ahliy, get off from the balcony and go do your homework!" She hears her mother call. Sighing, she shuts the door and gets back inside. She hears a loud bang of a door closing from downstairs while she shuts the sliding doors of the balcony.

Life was like that, nothing more, nothing less. The daily routine of waking up, school, coming back, homework... And repeating it on and on.

It bothered her, the fact that everything was... never changing.

She hears soft music coming from the floor below her, and she feels her heart ache a little at the lyrics.

Ahl craved a change, and at the moment when she closed the doors, she was desperate.

For the better, or even for the worse.

---

"Don't be out late!" Ahl's mom calls out, as she puts on her shoes.

"Yes, Mom." She responds, standing up with her school bag. Taking the house keys, she steps outside, going down the stairs. When she reaches the floor below hers, she hears familiar music, that makes her dart her eyes away.

'Oh, there she goes again, Every morning, it's the same.

You walk on by my house, I wanna call out your name.'

It had been a week since she started hearing the same music every day. From what she noticed, it was on right before she left for school, when she came back, and a while before she went to bed.