Chapter-Part (Nine)

She'd been staring at him. Gon noticed the glances, the long-period of staring, and even flinching. Yet, he didn't know why. Whenever he tried to address this to her, she'd make excuses to leave, only further more leaving him with questions.

The boy knew Killua noticed, yet Killua thought nothing of it. He claimed she was still upset about not being able to go along with them on their trip. But he was determined this time. He would get her to speak, no matter how much she wished to dodge him. He'd force it out of her if he had too. Speaking of which..

"(Name)-chan."

The green-clad Hunter saw the girl's frame freeze, a worry pulled at his brow. She just returned from getting goods per Bisky's request, as they had to eat before training again. What was she so..scared of? He wanted answers, and he wanted them now.

"Er.. Gon! Shouldn't you be training to beat Knuckle and Shoot..?"

They had to pass them in order to go, and (Name) wasn't fighting them. It'd had to be just Gon and Killua. If you asked him, she seemed to accept not going with them on the trip. Shaking his head, the boy spoken, watching as the girl nervously shuffled.

"Nu-uh. Bisky wanted to hold off training for a bit today."

"O-oh.. That's, uh, nice.."

"(Name)-chan, I-"

"I gotta go, Gon. See you-"

She wouldn't look at him. She shuffled quickly across the room, trying to avoid the Freecss. He was hurt by her action, but moved faster. He'd never know why this way. His hand grasped on her bare wrist, halting her. Her eyes would widen, but her gaze was on the ground. She didn't look at him. She wouldn't look at him.

"(Name)-chan.. We need to talk."

The (Hair Color) girl didn't respond, turning her head away from his piercing gaze. But Gon was more stubborn. His grasp grew tighter, squeezing her hand. It wasn't enough to hurt, but it was a clearly read plea.

"..W-what about?"

Her voice had dipped low and small, nothing like the girl he knew. She wouldn't hesitate in speaking her mind, and was quite confident. But now, she seemed so meek and helpless.. He had an urge to wrap her in his arms, and never let her go. Allow her to feel all his warmth, love and happiness, eager to share with her and only her.

...But he couldn't do that. Not when she's locked him out so abruptly.

"You haven't been your normal self, (Name). And.. I don't like it."

It was noted that he didn't add anything to her name, meaning he was serious. When she still wouldn't look he sighed, letting her go. To his surprise, she didn't scamper away. Glancing at his feet, he started speaking up again.

"..You won't talk to me anymore. You're avoiding me. And.. it feels like you're not telling me something."

The girl finally looked his way. Never had she seen Gon look so depressed. His eyes were downward, shoulders were slugging, and it was hurting her heart to see. She had to tell him something. He deserved to know.

"...I'm worried, is all."

"Huh?"

"About...Kaito."

This seemed to shock the boy, blinking up at her incredulously. She was worried about Kite? Though it did confirm some stares, it didn't click in his head. She seemed to notice his expression, because she began again, making motions with her arms.

"I'm worried about all this Ant business! Kaito.. He's gone, and I don't want the same thing to happen to Killua or you! Gon, please don't go fight the Chimera Ants!"