Life

The next few weeks went by fast. My grades took a nice dip downwards, but Kala agreed to tutor me since she has straight A's and is in all high classes. Kala got asked out by Jackson Hale, the captain of the lacrosse team, the guy who's in every girl's dream. Black hair, blue eyes, and tall, who wouldn't want to date him. I get an odd feeling around him, which is why I don't really approve of their relationship but Kala's been gushing all about him to everyone she knows, though, it seemed she was just doing it to fit in with the popular group. She doesn't sound like she likes him, it sounds like she is just using him to keep her popularity status since she has become friends with me, a loner.  I also feel that being her friend I brought her down on the popularity ladder.

I remember her telling everyone about him the day he asked her out, it looked like a smile was plastered on her face. She didn't look like she was in love or anything. No real smile. When she laughs at whatever Jackson says it sounds forced. It looked like she was almost forced to be in the relationship. One time she stayed to watch a lacrosse game. She sat almost the whole time even when Jackson scored. At the end of the game when they won, she gave a little cheer but it wasn't something she wanted to do. She was very uncomfortable.

On Wednesday Kala came up to me in passing periods.

"So, my parents aren't going to be home from this day until next Monday. On Friday I'm throwing a party for the Environmental Club that I am a part of. I want you to come, maybe you could meet new people."

I looked around and nervously tapped my foot. "I don't know about that-" she cut me off.

"Come on, please, don't let me down." She said and made a pouty face.

I thought for a few minutes and replied, "Alright, fine."

She smiled but it vanished quickly when Jackson came over, and he put his arm around her shoulder. Kala grimaced then put on a plastic smile.

"I got to go now, I'll catch you later." Kala said and walked away with Jackson.