Chapter 2: Home..?

I woke with a cramp in my neck. I felt a piece of paper in my pocket and pulled it out. It had the number 3 on it. Weird.  I sighed, leaning forwards as I scanned the area for Mr. Stone. He was outside the car, seeming to speak to someone. It was a boy around my age. It was dark outside, but I could make out several figures around a huge mansion that looked like kids of varying ages. I noticed a few even from my school! I opened the door, grabbing my bag as I headed over to Mr. Stone. I blinked, shaking my head as I looked to him, remaining silent as I neared him. The boy next to him gave me a once over before a small smirk. I gave him a nasty glare, scoffing. Mr. Stone looked to me, finally addressing me. "Ah, Ocean. I see you decided to join the others." I simply nodded. Mr. Stone smiled slightly before looking to the boy. "This is Coal, my son." I frowned as he stuck out his hand, but shook it. "Ocean." Coal smiled. I noticed his eyes were pitch black. Probably like his soul. Hmph, no wonder he was named Coal. Mr. Stone walked over to a small stage, unfortunately ditching me with Coal. He began to address all the kids and teens there. "You all are here because of a virus, as I'm sure you know. All of you were given a number," as he said this, I pulled out my number, "There is one person here who has the same number and they will have been here before. They will escort you to your room and explain what you'll be doing over the next few days. That will be all." Mr. Stone finished before dramatically exiting the stage. Coal glanced over to me. "Your number?" I rolled my eyes. "3." He frowned slightly. "That's to bad." He walked off. I smiled slightly in victory I wasn't put with 'Coal', but it soon vanished as I noticed another boy in girl walk up. They both as me for my number, which I answered with 3. The boy smiled. "Finally. That's me." He showed me his number, which was also 3. The girl pouted, before running off to find her 'number'. I looked to the boy. "Who are you?" He looked younger than me by a lot. I was eight teen, finishing up highschool and this looked like a little boy. Only about six or so. He smiled. "I'm Everest. You?" I sighed. "Ocean," I stood for a moment before speaking again, "How have you been here before?" He grinned like a small child, ironically. "Oh, I 'had the virus' last year. I decided to stay. To do his work." He nodded to Mr. Stone. What? What did that mean? He even used hand quotes. I narrowed my eyes suspicious. "Anyways, lets go!" He took off, grabbing my hand as he did so. I rolled my eyes, running after him. This place kept getting weirder by the minute. I felt as if they were hiding something, and I was going to find out what.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Above is Everest in a few years ~