The Savage World

The Savage World As We Know It

     If we are to be monsters in our own world, are we then to assume that the world itself is a monster of its own making? If true, then why do they push us around and treat as dogs, left to fend for ourselves? We, as monsters in our own monstrous world, are here, alone, while others, in that same world, are raised high like kings. Are we not equal? Are we not of the same blood, the same stature? 

     The world has divide its people into its own 'kingdom', if you will: the royalty, the high rankers, the lower standers, the citizens, and the lowly, assumed 'scum', that crawl through the gutters to find the day's food, only because those higher do not care enough to give them a chance to show their full capabilities. If we truly live in this kind of world, what chance does the large population of outsiders stand against the cruel reality we live in? 

     I, on my own, am not normal or exceptional, yet surrounded by my friends, I am told that I am a light to everyone I meet. Though, I still find myself alone at times, wondering… wondering whether or not I am really worth anything. If I really make any difference. If any one person makes a difference. No. No one soul can change this hell of a world we live in.

     Yet, people still fight. They push on, filled with hopes and dreams that, considering circumstances, are unlikely to come true. And are they dreams of monsters? Or people? Are people even human, as they claim? Is life even real, or is it just a figment of someone's imagination? Do we hold any real weight in this place?

     These and more are questions of life. Of life itself, it's meaning. it's purpose. But there are no answers, nor will there ever be. We live in a constant unknowing: unknowing of what will happen today, what will happen tomorrow. if tomorrow will ever come. So people live life to the fullest, or at least, they try to. Some do everything in their power to fulfill their dreams, while others help to fulfill everyone else's.

     But not everyone has the leisure of following their dreams. Most have to set those aside as fantasies, never to come true. They do what they must to survive, nothing more, nothing less. Are we not equal, to where we can follow our own dreams and fantasies? If so, then why does the world's society put us off, pushing us to do the unthinkable: to merely survive and walk away from all we know to do it.

     No matter what people say, we are human. We are people. We have feelings. We have hearts, even though the society of the world does not wish to believe it.