04 | Sleeping

Harry -formerly know as Heath- watched me with a sick grin over his face from the dining table right in front of the open kitchen I was currently in as I moved around the cooking area, a rope tied around my waist expanding all the way across the room into Harry's hand like a leash as he leaned back in his chair in satisfaction.

The rope secured across my stomach was jerked back when he tugged it, making me stumble back a few steps away from my laptop on the counter, causing a huff to leave my lips before I dropped my head in frustration, only to raise it and send Harry a glare over my shoulder when he tugged on the rope again.

"Mush mush Eeyor, pumpkin pie doesn't make itself." He jeered with an amused tug of his lips, moving the rope up and down like a reign as I narrowed my eyes at him before flickering my gaze to the knife in his other hand, the tip resting against the wood of the chair's arm.

"I told you," I straightened, readjusting my hijab and addressing him in an even, collected tone.

"I'm looking up the recipe since I don't know how to make pumpkin pie. And stop tugging on the rope, this is highly expensive, sturdy rope that Heath bought for his clients for the tire swing they wanted for their kid." I requested with a stern gaze, touching the cord.

"Ee-aw!" Harry suddenly shouted, making a loud, donkey sound that startled me as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Sorry, just everytime you talk that's all I hear." He explained with a sympathetic look, furrowing his brows and pointing at his ear as he sent me an apologetic shrug to which I simply looked back at my computer screen with a subtle shake of my head.

"You are absolutely-"

"Ee-" Harry cut me off.

"-the most childish," I continued, fingers flying over my keyboard in concentration.

"-aw!" Harry tugged on the rope again, making me stumble closer to him before I let out a huff and regained my balance as he chuckled.

I rolled my shoulders, forcing my attention back to my laptop where he believed I was searching up recipes.

Keeping an eye on him all the while, I went back to reading the symptoms and triggers of a multiple personality disorder.

Harry tilted his head slowly, observing me from across the room with narrow, menacing green eyes as I kept my gaze on the screen, taking in the information.

A different personality can be provoked by simple things like sounds, smells, touch, and even words.

My gaze briefly flickered up to connect with Harry's as he ran the back of his pointer finger over his lips, staring at me before I looked back at my laptop.

Sounds, smells, touch, words.

Harry's personality was the exact opposite of Heath's and just in the few minutes that I've gotten to know him I already knew he was an unstable, crude, violent, sex addict despite the heavy amount of humor that he carried around him.

That was why Heath was acting so differently the past few months, with the blood and the touching.

But if Harry can come back at the sensation of things that appealed to him like pain and sex...

That meant there was still hope for Heath to come back.

I just had to set it off for him.

My body stiffened when I felt his presence before I saw him, making me quickly fumble with the mouse before the rope around my waist was tugged, more forcibly then the ones prior as my hands flew off of the keyboard right as my laptop was adruptly slammed shut when I crashed against Harry's hard chest, quickly recomposing myself as he peered down at me, one hand gripping the rope and the other splayed across the closed computer.