11 | Crossing

"I'm so sorry Harry dragged you into this." I apologized to Harry's little brother H, or Agent H when on duty as a high ranked agent when we arrived back to my house, making our way up the stairs side by side.

"I'm used to it." He simply responded with a straight face, his tone just as serious as his sharp features, always surprising me with how mature he was even if he was the youngest out of all three, almost identical brothers including Harry who was ironically the oldest.

"So you guys gonna keep talking shit like I'm not right behind you two." Harry chimed in from behind when we reached the second floor as H and I continued to walk ahead.

"Did you hear something." H remarked in a monotone voice, looking over at me with a bored face.

"No." I shook my head while we walked to the room that lead to the attic as Harry let out a sarcastic "ha-ha, funny" behind.

"Was it a bother to send all of your other agents back and forth?" I could 't help but ask, knowing H had sent his fellow assassin back before us as I pressed the button on the keypad, all three of us watching the stairs descend down and touch the ground.

"Anything involving my older brother is a bother." H said with a scoff while my eyes were trained above as I took the first step on the small stairs, hearing those thumps again.

I was going to see Heath again.

"That's what you said before when you found out my dick was bigger than yours too- Fuck, quit with the punches." I heard Harry laugh as his little brother started to go on a quick, Italian rant, probably cursing him in the foreign language with a thick, raspy accent as my hand unconsciously clenched the fabric of my shirt in anxiety.

Thumping sounded from above, causing me to stop in my steps, turning back to look at Harry and H who had quieted down, the same solemn expressions on their faces, listening to the noise in the attic before I took in a deep breath, preparing myself and continuing to climb up the stairs.

The minimal rays of sunlight seeping through the windows illuminated the dust in the narrow, barren attic, with nothing occupating the small space except for a large object against the back of the room, covered with a white blanket.

The rough thumps got louder, to the point the object was moving the cloth over it from the heavy vibrations as I brought my hand out, reaching for the fabric and swallowing the lump in my throat before grabbing the blanket and swiftly bringing it down in one motion.

I let the cloth fall from my fingers as the dust spread throughout the air before settling at my feet while I looked at the object in front of me.

The large, circular mirror looked just how it did the first time I laid eyes on it, with it's aged, gold trimming and vintage, intricate frame design before my gaze fell to my reflection.

The words "alia me" were engraved into the frame, meaning "other me" in Latin.

It was 1896 when this mirror was found and was said to be used in insane asylums to people who claimed to have different personalities.

Soft footsteps behind me made me turn to look over my shoulder at Harry and H who patiently waited for me.

My eyes locked with Harry's green ones for a moment, watching him shift his weight on his feet, as if anxious while he ran a hand through his hair, keeping his gaze on me.

The silence in the air was almost suffocating and their eyes burned the back of my head when I faced the mirror, taking one last inhale before I straightened and stepped forward, my hands relaxing by my sides as I closed my eyes and went into the mirror.