Chapter 1: Our Journey Begins.

"Wake up Everybody. We're here," Bobby says. I yawn and stretch, making sure to hit Billy when I extend my arms.

"Ow! Hey!" He shouts. "I know you did that on purpose, Rich."

"Just start unpacking," I say, blowing him off. I grab a tent and start setting it up for the people who will stay here. Abigail, Amy, and Bobby begin to help, along with the group from the other car, and we have camp up in no time.

Jim, the other driver, starts trying to take a lead. "Alright, so tonight, we will get out our minimal gear. Each individual is allowed their kinfe, the clothes on their backs, and a single trashbag. Each group will also get a fire starter, flashlight, a gun, and waterbottle." He starts distributing the gear between the two teams.

"Yes, Jim, we all know that,"  Bobby, Amy, Abigail and I say in unicion. "We've been plaining this for three weeks," Amy adds. 

"Now, for the part nobody but I knew about," Jim says, seeming to be trying to bring out the arrogance in his voice. "We wil all be jumping, fully clothed, into the pond. In addition, one person will have to play injured, after the jump. This time, I'll let you pick who that is."

"Sounds cool," murmurs his half the party, outnumbering us because they had the two that would stay behind.

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?" Shouts Amy. "DO YOU REALIZE HOW DAMN COLD IT IS? TWENTY-EIGHT DEGREES! BELOW FREEZING! THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL WE ARE DOING THAT!" The majority of the group just shakes their heads, having no common sence. I knew, I just didn't care. 

"Let's do it!" They all shout. 

"Idiots," My group mumbles. "Let's just get it over with." We all hop in Bobby's pickup, and the guy from base camp hands each group leader a waterproof walketalkie, in the event we need to contact base camp.

We get on a boat that takes us to here the water is too deep to stand.Volunteering to go first, I hop into the water, and almost instantly loose my breath. It was horrifing. Try breathing through a coffee straw. That's almost exactly what it feels like.  Taking in as much air as possible, which was not  much, considering the freezing temperatures, I swim to the shore, and begin to gather materials to build a fire.