Chapter 1

The sound of a gunshot echoed through my ears, I could hear my dad yelling "I won't let you lay a finger on my little girl!" Tears were running down my cheeks as I hid from the man pointing a gun at my dad demanding answers. My dad defended himself for as long as he could but than everything went black and the last words I heard my dad say was "you'll never find her".

I woke up from the same bizarre dream I keep having of my dad when I was little I didn't realize I was crying til I tasted something salty, It's been hard for me and my mom since my dad's murder we've lived at the farmhouse for as long as I can remember. There's a lot of memories of dad here that it feels like his murder was yesterday, I ran my hand through my hair and flipped my phone open seeing it was 1:00 at night and I was alone at the farmhouse because mom said she won't be back from her business trip for a while so I had the place to myself crawling out of bed I decided to go to kitchen to find something to drink but I stopped mid way from my bedroom to the kitchen when I heard a strange sound but it must of been the branches hitting the window from the wind and there was the rat-a-tat-tat from the rain around the house.

I told myself I had nothing to be afraid of, Since mom was away I dialed my boyfriend Blake's number and he answered on the second ring "Hello" I heard a low voice say through the phone, it sounded like I just woke him up "Babe?...." I put my hand on my forehead "Sorry did I wake you" "No No No your fine, what's up" I could hear Blake sitting up while holding the phone "Oh alright, My mom's outta of town and I don't wanna be here alone so do you think you can come over and keep me company" "Yea sure I'll be right over in a few" "Cool see ya soon" I hung up and headed back to my room tossing my phone on the bed

I heard knocking at the door and instantly knew Blake was here, I ran to the door opening it to pull my boyfriend into a hug "Your here finally" Blake wrapped his arms around me and I could smell that mint in his hair every time he comes around I take in the scent and he crashes his lips on mine, Blake pushed my back against the wall leaving a trail of kisses on my neck a moan escaped my lips and Blake pulled me to my room pushing me on the bed and getting on top of me, His eyes turned a shade of black and he held my arms above my head. Everything was going by so fast I couldn't keep up last thing I remember from last night was Blake holding me in his arms.