postmodernism

"d'you know what a democracy is?"

"the minority are listened to, but the majority rules." yoongi replies instantly. seokjin turns to him with a slow smile while hoseok gawks at him in awe.

"whoa! how d'you know that?"

"iー" yoongi closed his mouth. "i don't know."

for once, he had lost the accent they all use in building one and slipped into an accent which the t's are accentuated, the vowels are soft and assonance is harsh. yoongi's eyes widen and he covers his mouth, looking at seokjin as if he would have noticed.

seokjin stares at him for a second before looking away. "yeah, probably something you've learned back in the old days." his eyes softened. "precious, precious souls. just covered with a film of back stabbing, money grabbing, bad attitudes."

he looks at hoseok, and back at yoongi.

"anyway, i think we've got an escape plan." he glances at his wrist; it has a soft leather band wrapped around it with a metal circle in the middle. a watch. it's been a long time since he'd seen them.

"you two go. there won't be any guards around on this floor."

yoongi pulls on hoseok's hand and they walk slowly towards the door.

and yoongi heard seokjin, in a soft, soft voice, whisper:

"precious, precious souls."