The Game We Play

There I was, again, wrapped up in Anthony's arms. We were watching Hercules on Disney Channel. His hands ran through my hair while he kissed my cheek. I smiled, snuggling more into his chest. "You know I love you right?" I was a little taken aback from his sudden outburst.
"Of course, because I love you more." I cheekily said smiling once again. As we got to the part of the movie where Hercules met Megara, Anthony's phone started to ring from the kitchen. He kissed me once more, got up, went to the kitchen, and answered the call. I sat there watching the movie, but listening to the conversation. "Leave me alone! I moved on. I have a girlfriend now!" Anthony yelled into the phone. "No! I love her. What do you mean that's what I always say!? It's true!" He yelled again. " Kayla is the love of my life! So leave us alone!" I yelled as he hung up. As he walked back, his face was red. He let out one of the most loudest sighs I ever heard.

"Is something wrong babe?" I asked. He wrapped his arm around me and lied, " Of course not! The only thing wrong is that I haven't kissed you for a whole five minutes!" I gave him the stink eye. He shrugged and tried to kiss me, but I blocked it. " Come on Kayla! If it was something important I would tell you!" Anthony pleaded. I kept staring. He groaned and said, "It's nothing to worry about! Seriously!" I kept my eyes locked on him and my arms crossed. I finally blurted out, " So this is the game we play? Not telling each other anything? Just letting something that sounded so serious go?"Anthony stared into my eyes, laid his hand on my cheek, and blurted out, "It was just an old girlfriend of mine. She can't get over me! She believes that we still have a thing, but we don't. Trust me! I have the one I truly want in front of me." He pulled me closer and kissed my lips. His kiss made me not feel angry anymore. I smiled and exclaimed, " See! That was easy. All you had to do was just tell me! It's not like we all haven't dated before! Well, except me!" Anthony laughed, got up, dimmed the lights, and sat back down. He used one of his arms to pull me close to his face and used his other hand to run through my hair. His soft lips touched mine again. We sat there, giggling and kissing." I'm sorry about earlier. I should've just told you." Anthony said sincerely. I then sincerely replied, " No I'm sorry! I forced you to tell me something you didn't want to talk about." He grinned and gently pushed my head against his chest. I fell asleep. I could hear him turn off the TV. I could also feel Anthony pick up my body and carry me to the bedroom. He placed me down, tucked me in, and kissed my forehead. He soon whispered, " I love you so much." Anthony went on his side of the bed went to sleep himself. "I love you more.." I whispered before falling asleep.