Chapter 2- The Weirdos' Proposal

“‘Sup babe?” I feel a muscular arm drape over me from behind as I walk carelessly through an empty hallway. School, the system men created to torture young souls five days a week, hooray. I look up with a scowl as Tristan merely wears an idiotic smile on his face, why the hell is he so cheery today? I look down at my wristwatch and it’s almost nine in the morning, the bastard probably already got laid.

                “Can you not touch me?” I demand as I shrug his arm off of me and fasten my pace. I don’t know where he got the idea that we’re suddenly friends and we’ll skip around these stupid hallways hand in hand. I hear his husky chuckle as he doesn’t even try to catch up to me, yet manages to keep my pace. Quarterback, I got to remember that he can probably crush me like a grape if he so wished. 

                “What do you say we go work on your attitude problems in the janitor’s closet?” he smiles, not a smirk, a cocky smile, but a genuine smile. He truly believes that I need to get laid, could he get anymore cliché?

                “How about you shove one of the brooms in said closet up your ass?” I retort with a sickeningly sweet smile on my face. There is a reason I have no friends, I’m not the friendliest person around and I hate dealing with people problems. You need a shoulder to cry on, I’ll probably just give you an awkward pat in return. You need to vent your problems to someone, you’ll probably end up as my punching bag.

                “Feisty, I heard angry sex is amazing,” he leans in close to breathe that last word over my face. Is this shit supposed to be seductive?

                “Why don’t you just stop harassing the girl?” a bored voice manages to boom from the end of the empty hallway. Why does it seem like when there’s good gossip and drama no one’s here to see it?

                “Chill out Jer, you can have her once I’m done,” Tristan turns to give the bad boy a cocky smile. How does this airheaded jock even manage to succeed with girls? This is the type of guy other guys look up to, they should seriously consider cracking a book open and taking notes from a fictional character. There’s nothing hotter than a fictional character with a beautiful heart. I take their moment of stupid bickering to turn on my heel and head in the opposite direction, they can eat my dust. I was about to turn the corner when different pairs of hands grab me and haul me into a classroom.

                “Don’t scream,” a seductive voice whispers in my ear. So this is how Jericho destroys young and innocent souls, by killing them with ‘kindness.’ He turns my body to face the room instead of the plain door, I can feel my eyebrows furrow as all the guys from yesterday lounge around the room, including Tristan who lets go of my other arm. He plants himself and his feet on two empty desks next to an oblivious Kennedy in her black and white cheerleading outfit. She barely gives him a once over before looking back down to her phone, guess I’m not the only one that can resist Tristan’s charm.

                “Why am I here?” I ask flatly. There’s only one way these people would personally seek me out and that’s only if they need something from me, but did I mention before I don’t really like helping people.

                “Take a seat,” Jericho gives me an over the top smile as he motions to one of the seats in the front of the classroom. I plop down none too gracefully on the desk closest to the door with a huff while giving him an expectant look.

                “Would you like anything, water, soda, hot towel…?” he continues naming various objects as he points to the mini fridge and the steamer with the towels. Just what kind of classroom is this?