Chapter One

The small family sat in the living room, drowsily watching the television. Moko was lying  on Matt's lap. Matt was seemingly giving a small smile absentmindedly. They were awaiting Edd's dinner. Tom, of course,he  was on his phone. He sighed, sometimes looking up to check on the two. The warm, mild Tuesday was almost picture perfect, in a way. The sunset giving off warm, orange colours were the icing to this homey cake.

    Moko murmured sleepily, "Hey, y'know whats nice? Summer, 'cos I get to do nothing all day." She chuckled at the statement, and Matt nodded. "Yeah, it is nice to do nothing all day." They both looked at Tom, awaiting any sort of response. He just nodded. "Not talkative, hm?" asked Matt. Moko nodded along, and added, "Yeah, c'mon, gummy worm, say something. You've been barely speakin' anything today!"Moko Said. Tom sighed, and said softly, "Yeah. Sure. It's lovely."

    Matt clapped his hands in realization. "Oh! You weren't speaking because you were sober all day! I haven't seen any Smirnoff in your hands!" Moko gasped. Tom looked to side, glaring. "Yeah? So?" he muttered. He cheeks went a little pink, just slightly. Then, they were called for dinner, and Tom sighed in relief- he wasn't in the mood to talk.

    At dinner, they asked Tom why he wasn't drinking. He sighed, again, and said, "I just wanted to... take a break. I have been drinking a lot, and now that Moko's here, maybe it'd set an example..." It sounded almost forced. "But, dad, isn't it, like, a main part of ya?" Moko asked, confused. "Cos I mean, you never ever go... sober?" Edd agreed. "True. But, if you want to set an example, I won't stop you."