Chapter Four

The next morning, Moko awoke on her pillow in Matt's room as usual, but saw Matt still asleep. He should be up by now, she thought, because he usually admires himself. She got up, and shook Matt. "Psst! Dad! Why are ya still asleep?" Matt's eyes fluttered awake, and he realized how much he'd slept in. "Goodness me!" he gasped, sitting up. "I must have been really tired," he said, yawning. "Well, get up! Green dad's makin' waffles! He said last night, and Tom might eat 'em all! You know he's prepared!"

    Grabbing his housecoat, he got up. Moko, who was grabbing his hand, pulled him down the stairs in a rush. Matt, who was still half-asleep, just chuckled and said, "Oh, you silly goose." Then, he saw Tom about to eat his waffle, and then remembered what had happened last night. He gave a small smile to Tom, who just stopped and stared. Moko ran over to Edd, who then passed her a plate. Matt, still smiling, sat down beside Tom. 

    "Matt! I was wondering when you'd be up," said Edd, realizing that he only just walked in. Moko added, "Yeah, he was still sleepin' and stuff." She stuck her tongue out in disgust. She sat down and began to wolf her waffles down. Matt just shrugged. "Well, we were running around, and it must have made me exhausted." He giggled. 

   Tom, who now fully knew he loved him, secretly grabbed Matt's hand under the table. "Well, today, we can do that again. Or go outside." He let go to grab his alcohol and chug it down. "Cos I feel more willing to do things." Matt nodded, and said, "Sounds great."