Chapter 6

I was still comforting the red haired girl when the man with gold eyes walked into the room, a spotlight announcing his presence.

"Welcome ladies!" His voice boomed and crushed the silence, "A special welcome goes out to you all who are joining us for the first time!"

His smile was evil and just the way the light glinted off his silver hair and in his golden eyes sent chills down my spine. But he hadn't finished speaking.

"As all of our 'veterans' know, all of you pretty little things have three chances to be sold in one of these exquisite fashion shows. If you don't please a buyer and he doesn't want to take you home, you'll get beat. And if you want to know what I mean, ask one of our unlucky returnees and they'll let you know what I mean." His smile was sadistic and his chuckle made me want to crawl into a hole.

"But let's be real, if you don't learn after the second beating, then you'll never learn will you? So what's the point of keeping you around? You spend more money than you make!"

His cackle chilled us all to the bone and earned some surprised gasps form a few girls but most just stayed silent, broken spirits written plainly on their faces.

"Now ladies! Let's get you all to your places! We have a party to attend!"

The spotlight went out and a door was opened to my left. The girls most close to it started to file through, leaving the rest of us to blindly follow.

Through the door we went to find ourselves in a bigger room with pearly white marble floors and deep black marble boxes arranged around the room so that if you were to look from above, it would seem to be a giant chess table.

It seemed that the girls that had made their way through the door first had already situated themselves on the cold black slabs of marble. Not knowing what else to do, I found one next to the red haired girl and sat down. It wasn't long till there wasn't a girl left on the white floor and soon the silver haired man was back. He smiled much like the Cheshire Cat does before he began to speak.

"I'm glad to see you've all made yourselves comfortable," he said, and it seem he was staring at me as he said it, but the his head snapped up,"Release the glasses!"

Quickly, the echo of his voice in the room was drowned out a series of mechanical clicks coming from the ceiling. I looked up just in time to see a glass box lowered to the floor, just missing the edges of the marble slab that I was sitting on, and meeting the floor with a dull thunk. The top of the glass box was open, but had no hope to ever touch the rim of it.

Looking out, I saw I wasn't the only one with a glass box, there was no one who didn't have one. The boxes however, were not sound proof. The quiet sniffles I had been deaf to before could now be heard and I could clearly see the defeated girls, as they lay sobbing in their boxes.

"Oh how touching," the man sneered, "Now shut up, our guests are here!"

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Yeah you know the drill. Read this if you want to.

Share, like, and comment if you feel so inclined to.
The support(or criticism) is much appreciated!

Happy reading!