sei

Clear blue skies always reminded Indya of the winter. For some reason her brain always associated cold, harsh weather with clear blue skies.

Her trip to California was now over and she was returning to the big city. She liked everything about California such as the warm weather, nice people, beaches, the sand and everything in between. But she was not for sure if she was ready to leave the place she had called home for nineteen years. However she knew it was always good to make new changes.

She arrived at JFK early in the morning and got an Uber. The ride was silent. No words exchanged, nothing.

Indya walked past the side of her building to enter the front, she began remembering what happened on the top of the roof. She tried to push it back to her memory as much as possible but was such a traumatic experience.
Thinking about the roof made her think about Carti. She began thinking about the date they had designated for sometime when she got back. Well she was back now and she was beginning to wonder when it'd be. She knew her schedule for the rest of the day, she was going to unpack, clean up a bit and sleep in. So she began to do that.

Yeezy season five's show was starting to end and Rubi stood patiently in the audience waiting for Carti to come out and debut Kanye's new shoes on the big black screen.

There he was.

Out of instinct, she pulled out her phone and begun to snap pictures of the tall, skinny boy

She smiled to herself, knowing he was hers.

Once Carti left the stage and the show was clearing out, she called him to find out where to meet him.

Should I call?

Carti's thoughts toyed with him on whether he should call Indya or not and he did. On the fifth ring she answered, "Hello?"

"Hey it's Jordan."
   "Hey Jordan? How have you been?" She asked.

"I've been well, thank you. So about our date, you want to meet tomorrow at like eight?" Carti would have asked her how she was herself but considering that Rubi was going to be impatient, he didn't.

"Okay, you wanna text me tomorrow about the details?" She asked and he said yes.

Carti

"Hey bae." Rubi leans over to give me a kiss and I lean over to kiss her back.

"You good?" She notices my off behavior and I explain to her how I'm a little tired due to all the walking and prepping.