2.

the glorious scent of pancakes and bacon filled the air on the quaint saturday morning.

"what happened last night?" sam questioned, rubbing her head, taking a seat on the vacant counter space.

max hesitated to speak, he thought of various ways to explain what happened.

instead of answering he pulled the bottle of advil out and a bottle of water, handing it to sam.

taking the small pills from the palm of his hand, sam flashed a grateful smile at his kind intentions.

"i need to tell you something." max spoke up hesitantly, joining sam on the counter.

"did we, uh, yanno?" sam asked slowly, interrupting max.

"no," max paused, scrunching his face, not ready to say the rest.

"i woke up in your bed with no pants on, what else am i supposed to think?" sam chuckled lightly, taking a piece of bacon off of max's plate.

"i'm pretty sure we kissed though." max spoke up, catching her attention again.

nearly choking on her bacon, sam cleared her throat and continued to think. resting her hands behind her, sam accidentally placed one on max's.

their actions weren't uncomfortable in any way, considering how close they are everyone was always shocked they weren't already a thing.

"i'd really like to kiss you sober sometime." max admitted shyly, watching his feet dangle and bounce off of sam's feet from the counter.

"and i'd really like to remember kissing you." sam let out a small laugh.

"just bang already!" ian shouted waking up from the couch, nearly ruining the tender moment.

"fuck off!" max shouted back, his accent thicker than usual.

"we should go play pokémon go today." joji suggested after an obnoxiously long yawn.

"isn't it dead already and i thought you hated pokémon?" sam questioned, turning to face joji.

"i want to catch a rayquaza." joji spoke nonchalantly.

"you boys know i'm always down for pokémon." max shrugged.

"pokémon go it is." ian sighed, tossing the car keys to max.

[...]

"blink-182?" joji chortled from the backseat.

"hell yeah." max spoke proudly, turning one of his favorite songs up, earning a laugh from sam.

"ian back me up on this one." joji glared over at a quiet ian bobbing his head to the beat.

"at least play good blink-182." joji spoke over the loud song.

"there is no good blink-182." sam chuckled, turning to face the two boys in the back.

"is this better?" max asked, turning on a new song.

the beginning of numb by linkin park echoed through the car, leaving joji somewhat speechless.