3.

"did you talk things over with derek?" joji questioned hesitantly on the sore subject.

"i'm done with him, but it all feels weird, i don't know." sam huffed out of pure frustration.

"fuck him!" max butted in, taking a seat next to sam.

joji and sam simultaneously turned to max with the same confuse ridden expression.

"not like that! i meant he really doesn't deserve someone like you." max scrunched his face and shook his head at the fact he had to clarify.

"we should talk." sam smiled weakly, gesturing towards the kitchen.

max nodded and followed her into the kitchen, taking a seat at the table.

"what's up?" max questioned resting his head in his palm.

"i've been thinking a lot and i know i've always had different feelings when it came to you." sam admitted, fiddling with her fingers.

sam paused when she sensed the presence of two nosy boys.

"do you two ever go home?" sam chuckled at ian and joji listening in from the hallway.

"shit." ian mumbled as the two dispersed.

"what i was trying to say is, i'd really like to explore this stuff and see where our feelings take us." sam explained, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

max nodded slowly, letting everything process in his curly head.

"well, samantha, would you like to go on a date with me?" max asked in most sophisticated voice.

"it would simply be an honor, my dear." sam replied, imitating the same voice max was doing.

"i have the perfect place but you have to be ready in two hours." max spoke, running a hand thought his nappy hair.

"sounds good to me." sam grinned, pecking max on the cheek before leaving.

"congrats man, you finally did it!" ian chuckled joining max in the kitchen.

"where you taking her?" joji mused, peeping his head around the corner.

"remember the spot at the beach where we met sam?" max questioned to the two.

"yeah." ian and joji spoke simultaneously.

"i thought it'd be cool to go back to the place where we began." max shrugged, earning approving looks from his best friends.

*flashback*

"it's cold." max complained sitting next to his two quiet best friends.

"just shut up and enjoy what's around you." ian nudged max's arm.

max took a deep breath, focusing on the rough waves crashing on the jagged rocks in front of them. squinting past the sun's rays he spotted a figure walking closer to the water.

"do you guys see that?" max spoke up as he observed the figure fell, slipping on an uneven rock.

"oh shit!" joji chuckled squinting his eyes to see the girl struggling to get up.

max quickly got up and carefully made his way to the girl in distress.

"are you okay?" max questioned reaching a hand out.

"i think so." the girl chuckled, taking his hand in hers, returning to her feet.

"i'm max." max introduced himself with a smile, trying not to be awkward.

"i'm sam and new around here." she returned the smile.

"by any chance would you want to meet my friends? they're a little dorky but chill." max chuckled lowly, heading back to his curious friends.

"that'd be great." sam smiled graciously as max guided her over to ian and joji.